Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Hideously ugly trousers!

(10 Posts)
Witzend Tue 13-Aug-19 11:47:34

A site I used to buy from has just emailed me details of their new soft cord trousers. One style looks nice, but the other, oh, dear, very wide and baggy, but tapered right down and ending above the ankle.
They look dreadful even on the super skinny model!
Not cheap either - £99!
I know there's no accounting for taste, but how anyone could ever think they look nice defeats me.

WOODMOUSE49 Tue 13-Aug-19 12:02:48

£99 !!
Sounds a weird style. Baggy then tapered. I hate tapered trousers anyway. They are far too tight for me. I have long legs and they end up half way up my calf.

Just received this jumpsuit in the sale from Wallis. £28 Never tried this length before. Think I like them on.

EllanVannin Tue 13-Aug-19 12:48:49

I don't do " half mast ". Trousers for me have to fit properly and as near to tailored as possible. No jeans either.

glammanana Tue 13-Aug-19 13:17:07

WOODMOUSE49 The jump suit is very nice I could wear this but for my holidays only I think.
I am happy with the fit from my jeggings from Next which fit really good not tapered in any way just straight cut,those cords sound awful but someone will be daft enough to buy them at that price I'm sure.

Luckygirl Tue 13-Aug-19 14:15:55

Jumpsuit!! - blimey, I struggle to get to the loo and trousers down in time! I would be in a right pickle with a jumpsuit!!! grin

MissAdventure Tue 13-Aug-19 15:03:45

I think you could end up being an unluckygirl smile

Fennel Tue 13-Aug-19 15:46:49

Maybe they're meant to be a version of harem pants?
www.amazon.com/BaiShengGT-Womens-Floral-Elastic-Apricot-Floral/dp/B01DK18DI6/ref=sr_1_9?s=gateway&keywords=hot+weather+pants+-+women&tag=gransnetforum-21&qid=1565707525&sr=8-9

GabriellaG54 Wed 14-Aug-19 09:29:15

Yup...I had the same email from Poetry and I concur with the OP.
The trousers are very unattractive.

GabriellaG54 Wed 14-Aug-19 09:34:59

WOODMOUSE
I hope you get the good weather to go with the jumpsuit.
I can't imagine a sleeveless and 3/4 leg length jumpsuit to be any use in the dismal wet stuff we're currently experiencing.
Many of my recently purchased summer togs will never get an outing at all if it continues. sad

annsixty Wed 14-Aug-19 09:42:08

I have had a couple of nice things from Poetry but have come to the conclusion that they are fine for anyone who is age20/25 and has a bust size no bigger than 30.
I bought two t-shirts this summer and they are awful, should have sent them back but that’s another story.They hang from the bust like a smock, I wear them in the house when no-one is coming.
I have never tried the trousers.