Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Crepey arms

(24 Posts)
Lazigirl Thu 12-Sep-19 14:13:51

If you are not ill, have suddenly lost weight or have overdosed on sun bathing I think skin condition is largely hereditary, and olive type of skin is more elastic. I have fair skin, and mine is inclined to be crepey, I use moisturiser, but this can only penetrate the epidermis layer, and doesn't affect the underlying skin structure. Arm exercises will help muscle tone but they are hard work and you have to keep at 'em. Otherwise it's a matter of covering up and worrying about something worse, ie are your teeth falling out grin.

EllanVannin Thu 12-Sep-19 12:37:40

My arms aren't bad at all up to now----though they're always covered ! I suppose it's with having been on the slim side that there's nothing much to shrivel, plus all the heavy shopping being carried in the past has kept them more firm than they might have been.

It's more the protuberances of the thumb joints which are now more noticeable and the shiny skin covering them.

blondenana Thu 12-Sep-19 11:20:43

I solved my crepey arms and stomach by putting a bit of weight on, didn't realise they were so bad because i was too thin
I also use moisturiser every night, on arms and legs ,Sanctuary Spa, which is not too heavy and smells lovely, but not too strong,

Gonegirl Mon 26-Aug-19 19:39:52

It's the bits that seem hell-bent on dropping out that bothers me. The rest can go hang.

rockgran Mon 26-Aug-19 19:26:37

I agree with Shabby - I always try to be neat and clean but the fact is I am getting older. No shame there.

Gonegirl Mon 26-Aug-19 19:18:09

I quite like the loose skin and raised veins on the backs of my hands. I kid myself it looks distinguished.

#dontcallmepollyana

crazyH Mon 26-Aug-19 18:31:44

It's the back if my hands - loose skin - I hate it.

jura2 Mon 26-Aug-19 18:31:33

swimming and more swimming

LullyDully Mon 26-Aug-19 18:28:11

Me too dragon

dragonfly46 Mon 26-Aug-19 15:35:06

I only look in the mirror once a day and very rarely a full length mirror. I like to keep up the illusion grin

aggie Mon 26-Aug-19 15:31:47

I use a cream on my arms , they are a bit better , it is really thick and not pleasant ,I rinse it off in the shower in the morning , but it does improve the look of them , and I agree about dehydration , drink lots of water

Dana6789 Mon 26-Aug-19 15:19:45

What Kitty said!

Sometimes I used look in a mirror, hold my arms at a certain angle and think oh maybe not so bad after all.

Then I caught sight of them later , not at that certain angle, and knew I was deluding my self again - and that the 2 minute arm exercises ( I am easily bored) I did sporadically did not work miracles after all!

A thin, light, white jacket is the way to go for me when I go out.

Indoors, on a hot day like today, I am past caring about my horrible crepey arms

H1954 Fri 16-Aug-19 13:36:58

Crepy skin is also a sign of dehydration.

Dancing Fri 16-Aug-19 13:32:50

I feel the same, I hate my wrinkly arms, so sleeves are a must. If I find a dress I like that is sleeveless I add lace sleeves. I look for cheap lace blouses in charity shops, take out the sleeves and sew them into the dresses. I try to get colours that match or cream or white and add a bit of matching lace around the waist or neckline to match it.

notentirelyallhere Wed 14-Aug-19 18:37:53

Organic, good quality coconut oil is an excellent, all over moisturiser.

Teetime Wed 14-Aug-19 16:53:58

I think exercises do work to an extent but also keeping the skin well moisturised especially crumbly elbows - some good body oil helps to keep them looking smooth.

suziewoozie Wed 14-Aug-19 15:21:18

I’m with Shoe here.

shabby Wed 14-Aug-19 15:02:54

I no longer worry about the appearance of any part of my body. I'm just grateful that all the parts still work smile

Alima Wed 14-Aug-19 13:04:44

No need to worry soon, winter draws on!

kittylester Wed 14-Aug-19 12:49:56

It's not flabby arms that bother me but the crepey skin.

Shoequeen53 Wed 14-Aug-19 12:28:32

I’ve given up. Sleeves are my answer.

RosieLeah Wed 14-Aug-19 11:33:50

Hold your arms up in front of you and grasp each wrist, one in each hand. Then push. It helps to firm your bust as well as the muscles in your arms.

tanith Wed 14-Aug-19 11:32:01

I do some light weight arm excercise don’t know if that helps with crepey arms though.

Nannyben61 Wed 14-Aug-19 11:29:12

My arms are so saggy and crepey looking now that I’m embarrassed to show them. Anyone any tips on how to improve the look of them. I know I’ll never get rid of them totally.