Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Scars and spider veins

(6 Posts)
suki51 Fri 13-Sep-19 23:49:17

Vanity vanity all is vanity... I'm finding that the scars I have from a skin condition along with the spider veins I have developed on my legs, ankles and feet have made me very self conscious and this summer has been miserable for me as I've not wanted to expose my legs at all. I've searched and searched in vain (sorry for the pun) for cover up make up information but there seems to be very little and the cover up creams I have found are really expensive, making choosing any a bit of a nightmare. It may seem shallow and unimportant in the grand scheme of things yet it has really undercut my self esteem. Does anyone else relate to this and or have any advice?

MollyPolly60 Sat 14-Sep-19 01:03:06

Sally Hansen leg make up. I have many thread veins and this covers it well.

Coolgran65 Sat 14-Sep-19 03:00:48

Thank you for this thread. I'm going on holiday next month and have only long linen trousers and maxi dresses, because of thread veins.
I'd forgotten about Sally Hansen. I'll order it and now look at some cropped trousers smile

NanKate Sat 14-Sep-19 07:02:02

Benefit Hoola Zero Tanlines is an instant leg and arm makeup that my friend told me about. It is supposed to last until you shower it off. I tried it in John Lewis and it gave a lovely gloss to my arms. I am going to order some for my legs that do have some spider veins that look horrid, it costs £25.50.

Anja Sat 14-Sep-19 07:43:09

Take a leaf out of Joanna Lumly’s book and cover up with light, floaty clothes in hot weather. It’s a good look.

lemongrove Sat 14-Sep-19 09:03:17

A body lotion with self tan will help, Dove Summer Revived is a particularly nice one ( and cheap.)
Cotton leggings with a tunic or shorter dress?