Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Perfume advice please

(22 Posts)
genie10 Fri 16-Oct-20 18:26:54

A good website for sample sizes is creedperfumesamples.com/#

lizzajohnson10 Fri 16-Oct-20 13:05:13

Lclaytonuk555

I love perfume. It gives me an instant lift. I have CFS/ME and am unable to get to the shops to choose a new one. My stand by is Eternity and my bottle of Eau d’Issey is running low. I’d love to try something new - does anyone know of anywhere I could get samples or a website that would guide me to perfumes that I might like? It’s one thing I can’t ask my husband to choose for me! smile

To be honest, I use perfume not only because of the smell. I wake up every day and I choose how I am going to feel all day with my perfume. I m using Hugo Boss women collection from the last 2 years. They have all the fragrances that all women like. And I always buy it on cosmetize.com because they give the best deals on fragrances...!!

Patsy70 Thu 15-Oct-20 17:33:06

I have Narciso by Narciso Rodriguez, Happy by Clinique, Eau Dynamisante by Clarins. I'm going to contact Feelunique now for some samples! smile

chloe25 Wed 14-Oct-20 19:55:13

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

rishabhb398 Wed 20-Nov-19 05:01:41

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

blondenana Fri 18-Oct-19 16:40:48

I have had the lidl one called suddenly it's lovely, i asked my daughter to get me another when she goes next, i think it was only about £3-50 , but not much more anyway
I am using lou lou at the moment by Cacharel

blondenana Fri 18-Oct-19 16:21:28

The perfume parlour ,i tried to order some last night but got as far as the checkout and couldn't get any further, they are dupes, but very like the real thing,just put the ones you like in the search bar and a list will come up of the nearest ones to what you you like, but aso give you an idea of what other well know orginals smell like smell like

omega1 Wed 09-Oct-19 10:03:40

I remember when you used to go into Boots or Department Stores and they would give you free samples. They don't do this anymore they just spray the perfume on a piece of card. I used to collect the samples so I always had an expensive perfume to wear for nothing

LaraGransnet (GNHQ) Wed 09-Oct-19 10:00:31

Here's a list of perfume recommendations from a previous thread which might be helpful. smile

Teetime Wed 09-Oct-19 09:47:59

I had been using the same few perfumes for years and decided on a new one. I am using Givenchy L'Interdit which is lovely and fresh but also a little spicy. The lady in Debenhams gave me 18 samples for my golf ladies.

BlueSapphire Wed 09-Oct-19 09:28:09

I love Gabrielle, the new one from Chanel.

Daisymae Wed 09-Oct-19 09:03:33

Penhaligons do a sample tin for £20 with about 10 good size phials. Well worth a try before you commit.

Missfoodlove Wed 09-Oct-19 08:21:20

My favourite perfume is by Juliette Has a Gun.
They do a discovery kit for 20 Euro so you can test them all and choose your favourite.
You then get a discount for a full size bottle.
The fragrances are not cheap but last and you are unlikely to smell them on anyone else.
Just pay on a UK card, it takes appx 5 days to arrive.
Here’s the link.

www.juliettehasagun.com/en/

mary022 Wed 09-Oct-19 06:22:14

When you perfume it should be a little too far to spreading the smell on your clothes.

Patsy70 Sat 05-Oct-19 15:46:51

It's always useful to get feedback, so please let us know what your choice is, Lclaytonuk555.

Lclaytonuk555 Thu 03-Oct-19 17:46:30

Thank you very much for your ideas. I’ll start looking now.

jaylucy Thu 03-Oct-19 10:51:52

Fragrancedirect.co.uk and Perfumedirect.com.
Fragrance direct gives suggestions of perfumes that are in the same type as your favourites and Perfume direct often has little sample tubes you can buy or even 50ml bottles for a few pounds

SueDonim Thu 03-Oct-19 10:45:54

This website tells you all about perfumes and helps you select ones you might like. I don't think there are any freebies but there are sample boxes to buy.

perfumesociety.org

EllanVannin Thu 03-Oct-19 10:44:08

There are loads of sites on the Health and Beauty section of Ebay who offer samples which are cheap enough if you " look around ", also pretty quick with postage too.
I've had some lovely ones but like a variety of perfumes rather than sticking with the same one.

gallusquine Thu 03-Oct-19 10:42:17

If you register online with Feelunique you can order 5 samples a month for the cost of P&P which is £3.95. In your first order you get a code which cover the cost of P&P from then on.

dragonfly46 Thu 03-Oct-19 10:35:15

You could ask your husband to go to Boots or somewhere and get you some samples - I don’t mean cards as perfume smells differently on different people. I use Angel by Thierry Mugler!

Lclaytonuk555 Thu 03-Oct-19 10:29:39

I love perfume. It gives me an instant lift. I have CFS/ME and am unable to get to the shops to choose a new one. My stand by is Eternity and my bottle of Eau d’Issey is running low. I’d love to try something new - does anyone know of anywhere I could get samples or a website that would guide me to perfumes that I might like? It’s one thing I can’t ask my husband to choose for me! smile