Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Eucryl Toothpowder brilliant

(18 Posts)
jeanie99 Wed 20-Nov-19 10:58:30

Not sure this is the correct forum but here goes.
I drink tea and coffee black so get stains on my teeth.

Even though the dentist does check and clean she will not clean the stains, says I should see the hygienist.
The cost to see the hygienist is more than I'm willing to pay so I bought Eucryl Toothpowder to see if that would make a difference.
The instruction is to only use the powder twice a week which I do.
The fantastic news for me is the stains have gone.
If anyone does have the same problem as me, give it a try what have you got to loose.

fizzers Wed 20-Nov-19 13:12:24

I have a pot of the Eucryl powder and use it a couple of times a week

FlexibleFriend Wed 20-Nov-19 13:19:17

I've always used it on the odd occasion, probably only once every 3 months or so and have never needed a scale and polish at the dentists.

chelseababy Wed 20-Nov-19 13:23:30

I didn't know you could still get it!

FlexibleFriend Wed 20-Nov-19 13:51:12

You can get everything on amazon, I bought a multi pack which will no doubt last me for years.

Callistemon Wed 20-Nov-19 14:25:25

Wilko's sell it too

Serendipity22 Thu 30-Apr-20 19:31:02

Oooooooo so glad I came across this post because I am paranoid about my teeth looking discoloured....
Well, paranoid is too stronger word but you know what I mean.....

I'm going to order some, you say you get it from Amazon ?

smile

merlotgran Thu 30-Apr-20 19:35:53

I use it. I usually get it in Wilko's

EllanVannin Thu 30-Apr-20 20:31:51

My H used to swear by Euthymol toothpaste----I couldn't stand the stuff.

Serendipity22 Thu 30-Apr-20 21:45:38

I've ordered some....
Let's see what is what when it arrives on my doorstep .....smile

Hetty58 Thu 30-Apr-20 21:57:24

I think it used to be called 'smokers toothpowder'! It must be good at removing surface stains. I use bicarbonate of soda.

Serendipity22 Sat 02-May-20 00:12:48

Well, there I am pushing my trolley down the toothpaste, soap, shower gel isle and what does my body eye spot but Eucryl Tooth powder..... soooo despite the fact I ordered some toothpaste, I now have the powder too ......

I used it the second my key turned in the lock and whoaaaaaa yes its improved with 1st brush , so I'm well, well chuffed. smile

Coolgran65 Sat 02-May-20 00:52:16

Thanks for this. I have a top denture which looks good. My bottom teeth are my own.
I drink my tea black and it shows.
Guess who will be looking for eucryl.

MollyPolly60 Sun 03-May-20 00:15:07

I got it in B and M last week

Jane43 Thu 14-May-20 10:32:23

SuperDrug sell it too. It’s very good and lasts for ages.

EllanVannin Thu 14-May-20 10:36:08

We used Gibbs tooth powder many years ago. I used to mess about making a paste because the powder used to give me goose-pimples straight onto the teeth.

lemongrove Thu 14-May-20 11:24:57

Thanks for the tip, I shall try it.?

Patsy70 Tue 06-Apr-21 16:08:43

I realise this is an old thread, but have been looking through Gransnet searching for recommendations for teeth whitening, as my dentist is not currently carrying out a scale/polish after a check up examination and it is difficult to get a hygienist appointment. In the past I used the gel and mould, which I bought from my dentist. This was very expensive and made my gums very sore. I have tried bicarbonate of soda, but see little improvement, so will buy the Eucryl powder & toothpaste and hope for the best.