Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Sonic cleansers for face?

(4 Posts)
Ramblingrose22 Thu 27-Feb-20 14:52:24

Has anyone tried one of the sonic cleansers for the face? QVC were advertising one yesterday.

They are round and flattish with tiny raised "teeth" on each side. I think they are battery powered and when you've covered your face and neck with your normal cleanser you pass the sonic cleanser over your face in circles to clean off all the make up/dirt from the pores more effectively than just wiping with cotton wool or a hot cloth.

I have large pores in places and I'm wondering if a sonic cleanser would do a better deep-cleanse.

I'm not sure where the dirt is collected and how you clean them after each use. Perhaps you can run them under a hot tap or maybe they come with a little brush to clear out the dirt that has been collected.

A review saying which one you have and if they do a good job would be welcome.

kircubbin2000 Thu 27-Feb-20 14:54:07

It's really unlikely anyone's face is dirty enough to need this!

SalsaQueen Thu 27-Feb-20 15:53:19

I bought one a couple of years ago, and used it once! It was definitely not worth the money.

I wear make-up almost every day and find soap and a clean flannel is best, then a facial scrub once a week.

Esspee Fri 28-Feb-20 14:53:27

If you have a problem with pores a facial sauna is very effective and cheaply replicated by steaming your face over a bowl of hot water under a towel. Use a facial scrub immediately (Lidl and Aldi have great ones) and once washed off tone your skin with witch hazel or similar.