Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Haircare

(6 Posts)
firsttimenanna Thu 30-Apr-20 16:57:42

Hi. My hair is fine, chin length and very straight. As I’m getting older, it’s also beginning to thin. I’m thinking of investing in a Mason Pearson hairbrush but the cost is making my eyes water! Is the investment worth it?

Padine Sat 02-May-20 15:06:29

Firsttimenanna, I'm not sure if an expensive hairbrush will help. Hopefully a hairdresser reading this will be able to give you a more helpful answer! Have you changed your shampoo and conditioner? Biotin is a good supplement to take for stronger hair and nails, all multi vitamins don't contain enough of that but biotin alone can be purchased from Amazon (or Nature's Best - where buy all my vitamin supplements from) Hope that's of some help?

Teetime Sat 02-May-20 15:29:25

MP brushes are wonderful if you have thick hair and need something strong to get through it.

Nanna58 Sat 02-May-20 23:09:49

Forget the brush Minoxidil is the only thing that is proven to help, can get it from Boots.

firsttimenanna Sun 03-May-20 13:29:40

Thank you for your help.

glammanana Sun 03-May-20 15:38:15

* firsttimenanna* I agree with Nana58 Minoxidil is the best idea and when conditioning your hair leave the product on a good 5mins and don't rub your hair dry just pat it dry then gently comb through you will soon see a difference.