Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

This Morning "Must Have" beauty products

(11 Posts)
Padine Fri 01-May-20 16:46:57

On the programme today (while doing my knitting) the beauty girl (who is very pretty and maintained she wasn't wearing any make-up, yeh, right!) mentioned 7 items to make us look as though we had a minimum of makeup on while doing good for our skin. Just counted up the cost and it's approx £120 plus p+p, does anyone think that's outrageous? I could get same items from Superdrug, Avon or Boots own if I worried opening the door (makeup-less) to the Postie, or chatting to our neighbour. I must lazy or a meanie. Each to their own but I can't think of any of my friends who would spend that much money on make-up.

Rosalyn69 Fri 01-May-20 16:53:16

Guilty.

SalsaQueen Fri 01-May-20 20:09:29

It's tosh. I use very few things on my skin (allergies to Lanolin) and only use the Simple brand of products

paddyanne Fri 01-May-20 21:45:02

me too Rosalyn 69 Not really make up more skin care ,although my face goes on as soon as I'm awake .

SirChenjin Fri 01-May-20 23:57:52

What was included in the £120? That seems like a heck of a lot of money to me.

Padine Sat 02-May-20 14:55:24

SirChenjin, I don't remember but if you look at the This Morning web site it's all there. To be fair, these products were "good" for your skin too allegedly, but I'd rather spend my money on good skincare. I do fill in my eyebrows as I overplucked in the late 70s but it's a Rimmel eye pencil or their double ended brow filler. Tried Benefit Brow-wow but didn't see any better a result for the extra money.
I do think a lady with well applied make up looks younger and gorgeous, but isn't that a routine which you need time to do properly? I've just never had the time.
I remember my mum clarting on the Max Factor foundation, setting it with the MF powder, applying and blotting the dark lipstick and she was good to go. Said Max Factor was on her coat collar and lipstick on her cup - it was the same every day!

phoenix Sat 02-May-20 16:35:13

Anything described as "must have" is an anathema to me!

Rosalyn69 Sat 02-May-20 17:30:33

I enjoy using nice products and I wear makeup every day even in lock down. It makes me feel good. Like nice clothes, perfume, flowers and candles.

ninathenana Sat 02-May-20 18:06:23

I cleans at night and moisturize in the morning. At the moment that's it done. I can't remember the last time I wore make up. Normally I wouldn't leave the house without at least applying mascara and brow pencil

SirChenjin Sat 02-May-20 19:05:12

So the products are as follows, and actually, the makeup is not the expensive part - that award goes to the fake tan and moisturiser

Tan-Luxe Super Glow Hyaluronic Self-Tan Serum £35

Clinique iD Dramatically Different Moisturizing BB-Gel and Active Cartridge Concentrate for Fatigue £36.0

Maybelline Instant Anti Age Eraser Concealer £8.99

L'Oréal Paris Eyebrow Artist Plump & Set 5ml (Various Shades) £7.99

Dr.Lipp 100% Natural Moisturising Colour Lip Tint £7.99

Dr. PAWPAW Outrageous Orange Balm £6.95

Aveda Mosscara Conditioning Formula £17.50

SirChenjin Sat 02-May-20 19:07:13

Oh no, I tell a lie - the Bb gel contains a “wash of colour” according to the website, so basically a tinted moisturiser.