Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Silver bangle for mum's birthday?

(11 Posts)
ellie22 Fri 01-May-20 17:41:48

Anyone got any recommendations for a silver bangle make I can get my mum for her birthday...she will be (a young) 80 Her taste is different to mine (I tend to be more eclectic...and have never owned a Pandora bracelet...she is more main stream) My sister is getting her a family tree necklace from Pandora. I wouldn't spend more than £60 and have already sent for one of those infinity link type bracelets from Beaverbrooks which has had to go back as it looked cheap.
So difficult when you can't see them in the flesh as it were!

kittylester Fri 01-May-20 17:58:17

www.carolyncodd.com/

I have 3 from here. It's my dh's go to place for presents!

Rosiebee Fri 08-May-20 10:31:06

I had a Thomas Sabo simple silver chain bracelet for my 60th from my lovely stepson. TS have a lovely range of charms and I have gradually added a few charms that represent family inc a boy and a girl charm that say My boy /My girl on them. The bracelets come in different lengths and she could choose charms online as well.

Rosiebee Fri 08-May-20 10:33:53

Also, sorry, you can get solid silver bangles from The Museum Shop online. DH bought me a twisted bangle which is inscribed with the verse Love is patient ..... etc.

FlyingHandbag Tue 12-May-20 18:35:58

What about a nomination bracelet? You buy charms and the links pop out to be replaced by the charms and when it’s full, the links join up to make another bracelet that you (are supposed to) give to someone else, therefore nominating them.

Missfoodlove Tue 12-May-20 20:27:51

Try Danielle Draper

BlueBelle Tue 12-May-20 20:30:55

There’s one being advertised on FB and it has the inscription inside something about having a birthday during lockdown Looked really nice

Doodledog Tue 12-May-20 20:41:26

Have you tried Silver By Mail?

I have bought a number of presents from them over the years, and found them easy to deal with and decent quality.

devesh47 Tue 08-Sep-20 13:55:33

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Farmor15 Tue 08-Sep-20 16:12:43

www.newbridgesilverware.com/en/Bracelets/c-232.aspx
Newbridge does an excellent range. Irish company but probably deliver to UK. (I have no connection but have bought and received gifts of their products so know they’re good quality)

TwiceAsNice Tue 08-Sep-20 17:18:38

Not on the high St does nice jewellery and good service