Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Round shaped face

(6 Posts)
Nata Wed 06-May-20 07:00:58

My face has been round shaped since I was young and it always drove me crazy. I tried different haircuts and all the facebuilding things but they don't seem to help. I got used to it, of course, but sometimes it really bothers me, especially when I see ladies of my age with practically the same bodies but their faces aren't round at all! Maybe there is something I could do to feel less insecure about it? I know, it is childish, but still!

Beechnut Wed 06-May-20 07:13:19

Look in the mirror Nata, smile, see how pretty you look, then tell yourself out loud.

MawB Wed 06-May-20 08:29:48

Oh dear Nata -we come in all shapes and sizes! Personally I think a round face can look prettier than a long angular one.
Now what advice can you give me on a round shaped body ? smile

Puzzler61 Wed 06-May-20 08:36:04

Round faces are attractive and friendly, that’s why they were picked for the smiley face emoji ?
Nata we’re all beautiful in different bodies and face shapes ?

CathTheWise Wed 06-May-20 10:25:02

Is it really that crucial, that you have to waste your precious time thinking about it, Nata? Actually, what I've learned is that there are no appearance "insecurities" that can't be shaked off with good laugh. Download any free photo editor ( GIMP or Photodiva will do!) and change your picture into having thinner cheeks. You will see how strange and funny your face looks! And after that look in the mirror and tell yourself you are pretty! Beechnut is right!!

MiniMoon Wed 06-May-20 10:31:03

I've got a small round face, and it goes perfectly well with my now small round body?.
I keep my hair short, as I prefer it that way now, but when I was younger I tried all sorts of different styles. I was never satisfied with any of them.
I wouldn't let the shape of your face bother you, try to learn to like your reflection, or hide all your mirrors. ?