Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Microblading?

(16 Posts)
Ealdemodor Thu 11-Jun-20 20:20:37

Thanks everyone. Think I’ll take the plunge when beauticians are open again!

V3ra Thu 11-Jun-20 12:46:08

Nanna58 I've had mine complimented while I was at the hairdressers by the girl washing my hair!

Nanna58 Thu 11-Jun-20 12:30:31

Agree with Dollymc2 , my hairdresser had hers microbladed and they looked fantastic.

Jalyn Wed 10-Jun-20 18:32:48

I would recommend them and agree entirely with Dollymc2. Contrary to a comment made above, if done by a skilled and sympathetic practitioner they are entirely appropriate for the more mature face. They are particularly beneficial for those of us whose eyebrows are non existent or sparse. I would suggest that you research carefully and ask around for local recommendations. It took me 2 years to pluck up the courage and I was delighted with the results. As someone else has mentioned, they do fade over time so likely to need redoing at some point. It's recommended to wear sun cream to minimise fade.

PamelaJ1 Wed 10-Jun-20 17:11:50

I’ve had mine done semi-permanently a few times.
I had an extremely good therapist who visited my salon. Mine didn’t look false but I was absolutely insistent that I wanted a natural look.
When you have them done initially they look a bit ‘in your face’ but they soften quite quickly.

I haven’t tried micro blading so can’t comment.

Although they say it’s semi-permanent it May not be, so be aware. I had my lips done and I still have an outline years later.
Luckily I had insisted on a natural colour on them too so it’s not too noticeable. Gives me a good outline when I put lipstick on.

Dollymc2 Wed 10-Jun-20 16:47:46

I had my eyebrows microbladed five years ago and have been back for one top up
I did a lot of research beforehand to find the best beautician and I was very, very nervous - tattoos on your face right?
We took quite a long time choosing the right shape and colour , they look very natural and I'm delighted with them

Marydoll Wed 10-Jun-20 16:38:59

Have you seen the cost? ?

www.elle.com/uk/beauty/a31566/microblading-eyebrows

My friend got hers done and they looked quite natural, but rather too expensive for me, I'm afraid.

MawB Wed 10-Jun-20 15:37:05

Is microblading what results in the current trend among some young women with very dark and heavy almost geometric eyebrows?

I would have thought that inappropriate for a more mature face. The girls I used to see on the train all used to look the same - heavy dark brows and plumped up lips.
Kim Kardashian or whoever has a lot to answer for.

phoenix Wed 10-Jun-20 15:32:07

Charleygirl you and I both! Definitely way past menopause, although 61.

Hair started to show the odd silver thread in my twenties (biological father was silver grey by 30) so now completely grey, but with stubborn, brown, thick eyebrows!

I'm sure people must think I dye one or the other, but I dont!

Sunlover Wed 10-Jun-20 15:31:57

I’m following this thread as think I’ll treat myself after lockdown to new brows.

LaraGransnet (GNHQ) Wed 10-Jun-20 15:24:48

Few suggestions here from previous threads which might be helpful @Ealdemodor: www.gransnet.com/life-and-style/style-and-beauty/how-to-fix-thin-eyebrows

V3ra Wed 10-Jun-20 14:14:41

I had my eyebrows microbladed three years ago and am very pleased with them.

GagaJo Wed 10-Jun-20 12:37:50

I had a friend that had hers done and they looked very good, very natural. I think those that look fake are due to the fashionable requirements of the customer.

Microblading doesn't last forever though, you should be aware of that. My friends were quite expensive and lasted between 1 and 2 years.

Buttonjugs Wed 10-Jun-20 12:33:59

I use a brow pencil to colour mine in, but I wouldn’t have them ‘done’. I think fake eyebrows make everyone look the same, and it seems to me that it’s a slippery slope to being dissatisfied with other parts of the face. The idea of women all looking like mannequins one day makes me imagine a terrifying future utopia, something like Stepford Wives.

Charleygirl5 Wed 10-Jun-20 12:26:32

Sorry I cannot help- mine resemble two untidy hedges- I need the beauty salons to open asap!

Ealdemodor Wed 10-Jun-20 11:22:04

I am thinking of having microblading for my eyebrows, which seem to have departed after the menopause.
Or, is semi permanent make-up a better option?
I would like to hear your experiences and opinions please.