Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Sales

(4 Posts)
rafichagran Sat 11-Jul-20 19:05:56

I went out today to the big shopping centre near me. First time since lockdown.
I wore a mask and visited so many stores, could not believe it Hotter were doing all sandals, shoes, and boots at £39 and £35. I would not normally buy there but got some modern sandals at a bargain price. Sketchers had also reduced their shoes. Loads of bargains to be had.
I came home with lots of things for partner, daughter, and Grandson. I only went there initially to go to the Opticians, but hey I was good in lockdown so did a bit of spending. I was pleased with what I got, and when I spoke to one of the sales assistants she said the store was reducing everything to get their customers back.
I know some posters are not or cant go out, but for those who can it's a good opportunity to get things you need. I needed sandals.
I am also doing what Boris said and helping the economy by spending, although I confess it was not my first thought.

Puzzler61 Sat 11-Jul-20 19:10:50

That’s good to hear rafichagran I’m happy you got in a little retail therapy as well as visiting the Optician’s.
I’ve been spending to help the economy ? from my armchair. There are sales online too and I try never to pay full price for anything.
Please don’t tell us you got C*****s gifts ??????

MerylStreep Sat 11-Jul-20 19:23:19

I've spoken to 3 people in the past 24hrs who, as a rule are serious shoppers ? but all 3 have said because of the restrictions it's no joy and will be buying more on-line.

rafichagran Sat 11-Jul-20 19:44:05

No I most definatly did not get C gifts did not even think about it. I have to say, I found it rather good, I only intended to go to the opticians, but it was quiet, I encountered no queues and was served by some very pleasant people.
I also got a coffee and cake, sat a good distance away from everyone, had to take my mask of obviously but I so enjoyed it. I went on my own while partner watched football.
I think because it was not planned I enjoyed it all the more and the good prices were a bonus. I also felt like I was getting back to normality.
My daughter has just co.e round and I am going to suprise her.