Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Eyebrows rampant, appointment cancelled ?

(14 Posts)
phoenix Fri 31-Jul-20 17:00:42

Well, thank you very much, Boris!

My eyebrow waxing (and lip and chin blush) booked for tomorrow, has been cancelled. sad

Yes, it's a first world problem, but at this rate I'll be looking like an apprentice werewolf!

I've told lovely Lucy, my beauty (hah!) therapist, to give Boris her first available appointment for back, sack and crack waxing!

vegansrock Fri 31-Jul-20 17:06:51

This is nuts. Barbers can trim blokes beards but women aren’t allowed to get their eyebrows done when you could easily wear a mask

sharon103 Fri 31-Jul-20 17:10:36

[grin} just keep wearing your mask.

Riverwalk Fri 31-Jul-20 17:13:52

I've delayed having my hair cut & coloured and a pedicure because I also need an eyebrow wax and wanted to do it all at the same time, so was hoping could do these in the next few days!

I do think it's sexist that men can have a shave at the barbers but women can't have facial hair removed. My problem is minor, tatty eyebrows, but there are women who have a serious hair problem and I feel sorry for them. It's not trivial.

merlotgran Fri 31-Jul-20 17:17:25

Just add a Lone Ranger mask. Trump would be impressed.!

Teetime Fri 31-Jul-20 17:35:38

Me too just had my treatments cancelled the girls in the salon were distraught as they have done so much to prepare. Is tgere any evidence that eyebrow waxing has increased the spread of the virus?

phoenix Fri 31-Jul-20 17:39:46

Oh well, I suppose the "Camiila" type fringe covers the worst of it!

However although my hair is now grey, my eyebrows remain resolutely brown!

melot, what with the face mask, if I add a Lone Ranger mask, I may as well adopt the burkha or the niquab! (sp)

Might be an idea, would cover a multitude of sins, but could prove challenging for my riding lessons.

annodomini Fri 31-Jul-20 18:04:55

I have the odd (very odd) white hair in my eyebrows. Of course, I could always pluck them out but bitter experience shows that I'd be left with small bald spots and probably two would grow in where one had been plucked.

phoenix Fri 31-Jul-20 18:15:24

Snap, anno! I would tackle them myself, but can't do it with glasses on, take glasses off, and can't see.

The magnifying mirror is too scary!

maddyone Fri 31-Jul-20 18:24:27

My eyebrows need doing. I haven’t made an appointment but was looking forward to doing so. Now they’ll have to wait - again! Oh well, patience is a virtue!

Fennel Fri 31-Jul-20 19:08:15

I had my first appt. with my hairdresser this week and asked if she did eyebrows and she said yes.
Mine are very bushy but up to now I've DIY and they usually disappear under my fringe anyway. I have a low forehead.

annodomini Fri 31-Jul-20 19:21:37

With any luck bushy eyebrows will become fashionable. hmm

Squiffy Fri 31-Jul-20 20:08:20

phoenix You think you’ve got problems! ??

PamelaJ1 Fri 31-Jul-20 20:17:48

I’ve cancelled all the facials I had booked in tomorrow. Actually only 3 as I have left lots of time for cleaning in between treatments My clients have been philosophical so that’s good.
Trouble is that I don’t feel I can offer them an alternative at the moment. I’m pretty well booked up for the next few weeks.
Seems like it’s going to be a rolling cancellation exercise.