Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Leggings

(17 Posts)
Elusivebutterfly Sat 14-Nov-20 13:42:26

I like to wear leggings with long tunic tops. Since losing some weight I'm finding it difficult to get leggings to fit. I'm a size 14/16 and don't want them too tight round the waist but do have skinny legs and they all seem loose above the knees and sometimes near the bottom. I also like them to cover the ankle and many are short.
Please advise where you get your leggings.

GrannyGravy13 Sat 14-Nov-20 14:34:39

Top Shop leggings are fabulous and reasonably priced.

For luxury I treated myself to black leggings from Hobbs, pricy but sooooo luxurious and very supporting.

Hetty58 Sat 14-Nov-20 14:37:55

Not exactly leggings but I love the £10 stretchy yoga pants from Asda. I have four pairs!

baubles Sat 14-Nov-20 16:22:41

I’ve been really pleased with leggings from this company. Soft, comfortable and washed well although I did think I’d ruined a pair by putting them in the drier however they stretched back to size when I pulled them on.

HERE

Shropshirelass Sat 14-Nov-20 16:27:16

I am afraid I am not a fan of leggings so cannot offer any advice here.

Elusivebutterfly Sat 14-Nov-20 22:01:13

Thank you for your advice. I think the Hobbs leggings are too expensive but will try either Top Shop or Love Leggings.

TrendyNannie6 Sat 14-Nov-20 22:05:05

Get mine from Tu at Sainsbury’s

Harris27 Sat 14-Nov-20 22:07:11

M&S jeggings are lovely wash well.

NotAGran55 Sat 14-Nov-20 22:18:01

Love Leggings are great quality. Come in petite , regular and long . Assorted colours . Fit and wash well and guaranteed to be non see through .

Shirleyw Sun 15-Nov-20 05:57:31

Ive always been happy with the m&s leggings in long.

Shirleyw Sun 15-Nov-20 06:02:59

.......just thought I'd look at the Hobbs leggings....51 quid and that's with 25% off ????......they do look good and comfy though.....

Ashcombe Sun 15-Nov-20 06:10:48

I buy mine from Lidl, where they aren’t available all the time, or Primark! Classy or what?! But they do fit and wash well. Like you, Elusivebutterfly, I have skinny legs.

rafichagran Sun 15-Nov-20 09:26:09

I like Marks and Spencer leggins as well. I wear the long lengh. They are comfortable on me.

Elusivebutterfly Sun 15-Nov-20 10:07:24

TrendyNannie - I used to wear Tu but now find that the cheaper dual size ones are very small and the more expensive ones are very baggy in the leg.
M&S leggings are either too tight in the waist or baggy in the leg.
Primark ones are better than most weirdly as most things in there don't fit well.

glammanana Sun 15-Nov-20 10:21:08

Elusivebutterfly

TrendyNannie - I used to wear Tu but now find that the cheaper dual size ones are very small and the more expensive ones are very baggy in the leg.
M&S leggings are either too tight in the waist or baggy in the leg.
Primark ones are better than most weirdly as most things in there don't fit well.

Have you looked at Bon Marche they do a pack of two at a very reasonable price they come in different lengths,they wash well and are not see through,well worth a look.

Hetty58 Sun 15-Nov-20 10:23:21

baubles, thanks, 'love leggings' looks good for yoga ones too. I always go for the yoga ones, as they tend to have more elastane - to avoid the 'baggy knee' look!

Blossoming Sun 15-Nov-20 10:39:37

I wear leggings with dresses as I can’t put tights on. I have jeggings from Weird Fish that have worn really well. They’re several years old and I don’t think they have them now so I’m glad to hear of a possible source for replacements.