Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Lines around lips

(17 Posts)
mokryna Thu 03-Jun-21 18:02:36

Poppyred

RiveR2344

Hi all, First time posting, I had my smoker lines filled with a dermal filler. I did a lot of searching and found a clinic of medical people, who do subtle results so i don't look done.
Really pleased with the result.

Hi RiveR2344 how long do the results last, does it hurt and how much does it cost? Please..

Hi RiveR2344 another interested person, could you spill the beans .... please.

Poppyred Tue 04-May-21 14:31:31

RiveR2344

Hi all, First time posting, I had my smoker lines filled with a dermal filler. I did a lot of searching and found a clinic of medical people, who do subtle results so i don't look done.

Hi RiveR2344 how long do the results last, does it hurt and how much does it cost? Please..

3nanny6 Sat 01-May-21 11:44:35

RiveR2344 : I think what you say about having dermal fillers
is a good idea. I have been thinking about doing that and would only go to a really good clinic. I have heard it can be expensive is it quite a costly procedure? although if good results are achieved then it would be worth the cost.

Namsnanny Sat 01-May-21 11:16:18

M0nica

As a result of lemsip's post I have looked at the 'pumped up lips' thread. I can see absolutely nothing in common between them, except the word 'lips'

I think the thread in question is, if you like the negative side of the argument.
As with the saying goes, everything in moderation!

rafichagran Sat 01-May-21 10:52:55

I have never smoked but do have the vertical lines above my lips, I like Monica rub in lots of moisturiser, and add the tiniest bit of vaseline, well rubbed in.

RiveR2344 Fri 30-Apr-21 12:39:49

M0nica Tue 27-Apr-21 08:05:55

As a result of lemsip's post I have looked at the 'pumped up lips' thread. I can see absolutely nothing in common between them, except the word 'lips'

lemsip Tue 27-Apr-21 07:39:39

this thread is along the same thread as 'pumped up lips'

BigBertha1 Tue 27-Apr-21 07:21:54

This is where us fatties score having a lottle fat under the skin on the face literally plumps out the lines but seriously if you are concerned about this I would get some good skincare advice and products.

Deedaa Mon 26-Apr-21 23:11:41

Benefit's Porefessional smooths the lines out quite well but is quite expensive. I used to use a pen that the Bodyshop sold to stop my lipstick bleeding into the lines but it seemed a lot of faff and I gave up.

Gwenisgreat1 Sat 24-Apr-21 20:13:24

I like the idea of smiling to flatten them!

M0nica Sat 24-Apr-21 20:09:53

Lots of moisteriser massaged in daily.

foxie48 Sat 24-Apr-21 19:41:39

Trinny does something called Miracle Blur, it won't make them disappear but does hide them a bit otherwise take Espee's advice and smile. It does smooth them out and also lifts my drooping face a bit and also makes me feel better!

Skydancer Sat 24-Apr-21 19:20:41

So do I. Somebody help!

Ev1951 Sat 24-Apr-21 19:02:46

I have the same problem and can't seem to find a slution. Hopefully one of the ladies here will be of help. ?

Esspee Sat 24-Apr-21 18:06:48

I have never smoked but now in my seventies I too have those verticals lines. My solution is to smile more as it flattens them out. ?

Lilliesmum79 Sat 24-Apr-21 16:21:12

First time posting so hope I get lots of advice. I've noticed that my wrinkles are worse around my lips. Don't really use any skin care just soap and water. Hardly even lookin mirror but last few days have and was shocked by my lips probably from my smoking when I was young. Can anyone advise me what to use to help