Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Fitflop loafers

(24 Posts)
Flaxseed Wed 26-May-21 09:37:29

Does anyone have a pair of Fitflops ‘Lena’ loafers?
They are more than I have ever paid for a pair of shoes but I have a 25% discount code and it’s payday, so I am thinking of treating myself!
I have always loved loafers and have loved wearing a smart pair I bought from River Island years ago, but I have developed a bunion and any cheapish shoes are just feel so uncomfortable not only where the bunion is, but also around the back.
sad

FannyCornforth Wed 26-May-21 10:23:37

I think that fitflops need some getting used to. They all have a very different sole to other shoes. I only wear flat shoes, but I don't think that I'd get on with them.
However, a friend of mine loves them.
Have you got a chance to try them on?

FannyCornforth Wed 26-May-21 10:24:45

Hotter are very good for 'problem feet'.

LadyGracie Wed 26-May-21 10:34:22

I have fitflop boots and many pairs of sandals and love them, they are so comfortable. They were recommended by my doctor.

FannyCornforth Wed 26-May-21 10:57:44

LadyGracie am I right in thinking that you have to get used to them; or are they comfortable from the start?

Flaxseed Wed 26-May-21 11:27:44

fannycornforth I am ordering online so no chance to try before I buy.

I’ll just have to return them if they are uncomfortable.
I just looked for Hotter shoes and saw some nice loafers, and much cheaper! However, the pair I like don’t come in black, which is my preferred colour confused!

Thanks ladygracie
I hope I love them as much as you do! But unless they feel comfortable as soon as I put them on, they will be going back. grin

FannyCornforth Wed 26-May-21 11:34:09

Hotter are really, really comfortable.
I have about twelve pairs of Hotter boots, trainers and slippers blush

TerriBull Wed 26-May-21 11:38:41

I have several pairs of Fitflop shoes not the pair you mentioned. I have found them to be comfortable, I did buy one fairly high wedge pair recently that took some getting used to, I wouldn't wear them out for a walk for example. I like loafers, I'll have to look at the "Lena" ones. I did buy a really nice suede pair of suede loafers from Van Dal, a little bit tight, thinking I'll break them in in time if I wear them around the house, but no, still tight sad make sure these ones are comfortable from the outset before you commit to them OP.

Flaxseed Wed 26-May-21 21:01:43

terribull Don’t worry I will!
I have too many nearly new shoes on their way to the charity shop that are just too uncomfortable hmm

I had never heard of Van Dal but have had a look and am impressed, so, thank you for the suggestion smile

lemongrove Wed 26-May-21 21:33:49

I haven’t tried fitflop but a friend swears by them ( not swears at them)?
I like Hotter boots but find most of their shoes uncomfortable, we are all different.Clarkes have gone downhill as I have given away my two pairs of almost new shoes, just couldn’t get on with them, and yet have bought them for years.It’s all trial and error really.

Esspee Wed 26-May-21 23:06:53

I found Fitflops to be very comfortable as I have plantar fasciitis but recently the size, fit, and materials seem to be of poorer quality. I have sent a few back.
I mostly buy at sale time.

Casdon Wed 26-May-21 23:10:55

VanDal shoes are lovely, really nice quality and a choice of widths, which is good for me as I have a bunion on one foot only, and as their shoes are nearly all leather lined they stretch to fit.

FannyCornforth Thu 27-May-21 09:25:01

lemongrove you are so right about Clarks. Horrid, hard, heavy things.

There is currently 30 % off Hotter - last day today (until the next time!)

annodomini Thu 27-May-21 09:46:11

I bought a pair of Fitflop loafers last year and - unlike everyone else - just couldn't get on with them, so I'm putting them for sale on Ebay - size five, in new condition, if anyone's interested. I think my feet are the wrong shape - square toes and, now, sadly, a bunion. I have gone back to a Hotter style that I've had before and which fits me perfectly.

annodomini Thu 27-May-21 09:46:49

I hope that last post will not be construed as advertising and banned! shock

shysal Thu 27-May-21 10:02:10

I usually wear nothing but Skechers but recently bought some loafers from Pavers as they are 30%off at the moment. They have several loafer styles, mine are comfortable.
Pavers

shysal Thu 27-May-21 10:04:34

Forgot to mention that I have bunions so went for wide fit.

NotSpaghetti Thu 27-May-21 11:05:11

I have never had to "get used to" my fitflops. They are all lovely - though I have no boots so don't know those.

My husband has the slip-on pool type rubbery things and finds them really comfy. He's taken to using these "slides" instead of slippers when his feet are painful.

NotSpaghetti Thu 27-May-21 11:17:41

Oh yes, like someone earlier, he has plantar fasciitis and was amazed at how comfortable the pool shoes were.

They do have an easy return system. If you can afford the outlay I'd try a few and send them all back if not any good.

FannyCornforth Thu 27-May-21 12:39:41

Thank you NotSpaghetti, that's very helpful smile

EllanVannin Thu 27-May-21 12:47:43

I have a couple of pairs of VanDal, superb shoes, so comfortable. Hotters too and Hush Puppy sandals.
At the moment I've got Comfort Fit wide-fit ones on because my feet are swollen.

Flaxseed Mon 31-May-21 21:40:58

They arrived and I really like them. Felt comfortable in all the right places and looked nice but are just a tiny bit too tight.
So they will be going back and I’ll order half a size up.
Thanks for all the recommendations, I don’t think I’ll ever be able to wear regular high street shoes again. My bunion hurts at the very thought of them grin

NotSpaghetti Mon 31-May-21 22:26:39

Great news Flaxseed. They have a couple of different footbeds so take a note which one you like - for future reference!

MikeThomas Wed 30-Jun-21 08:42:08

Message deleted by Gransnet for breaking our forum guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.