Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

The perfect white 100% cotton t shirt

(11 Posts)
annodomini Mon 02-Aug-21 13:02:52

I usually buy tees from Cotton Traders. There's an organic cotton one in white for £15 on line:https://www.cottontraders.com/women/tops-and-t-shirts/anything-but-ordinary-organic-cotton-t-shirt/AA14954Fern.html?dwvar_AA14954Fern_color=Fern&cgid=womens-tops-tshirts#cgid=womens-tops-tshirts&start=2&list=product%20list&p=1

Blossoming Mon 02-Aug-21 11:26:08

I got a 5-pack of organic cotton t-shirts from Rapanui for £38. They’re good quality and will last me for ages. They have a few different shapes depending on your preference of fit and neckline. They’re made in The IoW so lower carbon footprint.

Pittcity Mon 02-Aug-21 11:13:53

I buy white t shirts from Primark. They are usually around £3. You have to hunt out the cotton amongst the other fibres bit they're there. No worries about stains at that price. They are good enough quality for everyday wear.
That said, I have splashed out on pure cotton dresses in the Seasalt, White Stuff and Fat Face sales. I even found a linen mix tunic dress in M&S!!!

Jaxjacky Thu 22-Jul-21 19:23:55

Callistemon me too, food down the front syndrome, MrJ has muttered bin bac on occasion.
Since I retired I don’t really wear proper shirts, I have casual shirts to wear over shorts/jeans, I associate a crisp white shirt with work.

Nannagarra Thu 22-Jul-21 19:08:17

I had a spree in Seasalt last week using the discount voucher PRIMAREADER20. Found many lovely items. Happy days.

Callistemon Thu 22-Jul-21 18:55:49

that horrible seersucker stuff
Whatever possessed me to buy a pair of grey/white striped seersucker trousers in M&S a couple of years ago?
They have travelled all the way to Australia and New Zealand with me and have never been worn, still have the label in them.

I thought of turning them into shorts. They keep looking at me reproachfully as I shove them back in the drawer.

Whatever possessed me?
They were £9 in the sale.
No-one else wanted them.

MawBe Thu 22-Jul-21 18:50:04

I have just ordered 2 more which I shall keep in their bags! ( I too suffer from food down the front syndrome- what is it about spag Bol I can only ever eat it if I am wearing red or black! )

foxie48 Thu 22-Jul-21 18:13:54

It's all about the fit for me. I'm quite short in the body so I find the Lands End polo shirts in petite are a nice length so I buy lots of them in the sale as they are my go to for riding, gardening and just general casual wear. I've struggled to find the perfect white T shirt though so I'll look at Seasalt. I have 2 long sleeved black V necked tops which are 13 year old, (bought from Jaeger) which are perfect, expensive at the time but I shall cry when they finally wear out as I always feel good in them.

Lucca Thu 22-Jul-21 18:09:02

Veering off piste a bit….sorry Maw…. I used to have some white cut offs/capris in very lightweight cotton….not linen…they were really cool to wear but I had to say goodbye to them last year…

Can’t find any now, I don’t want thick cotton or that horrible seersucker stuff ..any ideas ? I think the ones I had were cheapos but don’t know where from.

Callistemon Thu 22-Jul-21 18:01:57

I think Land's End had some as well.

I just ordered some from there but not in white (I'm good at spilling things down me!) and the Supima cotton is soft and so far seems to have washed well. ?

M&S did them two years ago but not now - why?

MawBe Thu 22-Jul-21 17:48:51

Another year of looking and wasting £££££ trying to find THE perfect t shirt but I may have found it.
My past favourite M&S no longer seemed to make a decent weight pure cotton, other labels had artificial fibres, Joules (another favourite brand) were too see through and flimsy, White Stuff too fitted (bad news for the tummy) others too low cut etc etc etc. Cheap or expensive -all a waste of time and money, but last week I found a plain white cotton t shirt on the Seasalt website - and best of all, 2 for £40 and I am happy.
Easily pleased, me ?