Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Walking boots

(16 Posts)
Vito Mon 06-Jun-22 16:32:37

Hello,
I was wondering if anyone has tried Hotter walking boots ? My old boots have just about given up the ghost, desperately need new ones for dog walking , they need to be robust and of course comfy. Thank you lovely ladies.

Blossoming Mon 06-Jun-22 16:41:13

I’ve never tried them. My boots are Merrell and they are very comfortable and rather expensive. I have very small feet so they are children’s boots, which are not as expensive as the ladies ones.

MiniMoon Mon 06-Jun-22 16:47:43

Just worn out my Grisport boots. Most comfortable boots I ever owned. Bit pricey but well worth it.

Joseanne Mon 06-Jun-22 17:00:42

Voilà, my 3rd pair. Daily dog walker here too.

CountessFosco Mon 06-Jun-22 17:03:06

Mine are Swiss, in daily use and +25 years old - cannot beat their quality......

midgey Mon 06-Jun-22 17:06:26

Some shoes Hotter make are amazingly comfortable, others are not! But the price is still high. I would go with ‘proper’ boots.

Vito Mon 06-Jun-22 17:41:14

Thank you so much for your replies. I've always paid a bit of money for walking boots as they need to last and put up with rough terrain. I've had Merrell in the past, haven't tried Grisport. Joseanne that's some recommendation,
the only thing of course is to hit the shops and try a few pairs?

Athrawes Mon 06-Jun-22 17:45:07

Mine are from Cotton Traders and are really comfy.

Shandy57 Mon 06-Jun-22 17:53:44

I live in rural Northumberland and a lot of dog walkers wear Du Barry/Toggi or just 'muck boots'. Completely waterproof and easy to clean, no laces, expensive but last for years and years. Wellie wise I do recommend Aigle, they are like slippers!

Casdon Mon 06-Jun-22 17:58:37

I like Brasher walking boots. I’ve got wide feet, and they are the most comfortable for me having tried loads on.

Septimia Mon 06-Jun-22 19:19:48

I've just bought some new AltBerg boots (Richmond, Yorks). They're expensive but made in several width fittings. They measured my feet and made sure that the boots were the right fit.

I sent my old boots to Ukraine and hope they're doing someone a good turn. They were AltBerg, too, but bought before they did different widths so always felt clumpy. I'd had them some 20 years and they'd been well used and were still good - I just wanted something a bit lighter and better-fitting.

LadyStardust Mon 06-Jun-22 19:39:21

I've bought many supposedly 'waterproof' walking shoes and boots over the years and at last I've found some excellent leather ones from Cotton Traders. These are totally waterproof, extremely comfortable, I have a fairly wide foot too. You can polish them up and they always look good. There are shoes as well as boots and also come in brown! Boots £62 and shoes £57.

BigBertha1 Mon 06-Jun-22 22:39:24

I have had my average boots for many years and still going strong...been everywhere in them

Zonne Mon 06-Jun-22 23:09:59

Mine are Keens, and have proved robust and long lasting.

MiniMoon Mon 06-Jun-22 23:30:16

Mine from Grisport were all leather and I looked after them well. They lasted for years. I dont know whether they still make all leather boots.

anna7 Tue 07-Jun-22 07:51:40

I have some Hotter walking boots and I love them. They are comfortable, supportive and waterproof. The best thing about them is that although they are sturdy they are light. I've had them about three years now and I wear them every day in winter and whenever it's wet.