Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Which hair appliance?

(10 Posts)
Nandalot Fri 17-Jun-22 14:17:46

I have never been much good with styling my hair. When younger, I had it very long and straight, when older very short. During lockdown it grew a bit to chin length which I liked. My problem is that it will kink up, mainly at the back which is an inverted v. Today I thought it looked quite good at the front, went out happy to come back and see that one side is also kinked up. I use a round brush and hair dryer to style but was thinking perhaps curling tongs or hot brush are needed to finish it. Any recommendations from stylish Gners out there?

Esspee Fri 17-Jun-22 15:02:34

I use a hot brush. I’m often told that I look as if I have just come out of the hairdressers.

Nandalot Sat 18-Jun-22 08:29:20

Espee, thank you for that. I’ll go for that then.

shysal Sat 18-Jun-22 10:52:31

I have given up trying to tame my wavy hair, I now let it dry naturally with some Frizz-eaze leave-in conditioner or mousse, and am happy with the shoulder length tousled look.

aonk Sat 18-Jun-22 12:00:03

I wouldn’t call myself stylish! However I’m having some success with the Babyliss hot brush. The barrel comes 2 sizes depending on the length of your hair. I should add that I had to buy this online as there was very little choice in the shops.

Elizabeth27 Sat 18-Jun-22 12:46:10

Another vote for hot brush, its the only way I can successfully do the back of my hair.

Esspee Sat 18-Jun-22 12:55:39

I suggest you have a look for a hotbrush at any charity shop which sells electrical items. Should cost about £5.

lemsip Sat 18-Jun-22 15:22:06

Esspee

I suggest you have a look for a hotbrush at any charity shop which sells electrical items. Should cost about £5.

very good suggestion, I've got my granddaughter a hairdryer for £4........but a few months on and I need a new hotbrush and there aren't any about so I shall have to buy full price.

varian Sat 18-Jun-22 15:27:48

Just dry your hair quickly without attempting to style it then pop in electric rollers for five or ten minutes. When you do the bit at the back make sure it turns in and it should stay like that.

lemsip Sun 19-Jun-22 08:59:04

got remington flexibrush Steam from Boots £16.99....you can use it without steam and that is what I will do.......can't believe the very high price of some of these....
anyway used mine this morning and pleased with it......must get a hair cut though