Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

JS Wear the Difference?

(8 Posts)
sandelf Sat 30-Jul-22 16:39:05

I look hopefully around my local 'superstore' clothing. Every week the selection becomes more depressing - clothing for someone who has escaped from a cult?? Nasty colours and textures, stupid decoration, sizing and cut - horrible. I think I want a clothing version of Taste the Difference. - Grumble over.

Shirley48 Sat 30-Jul-22 16:44:52

Do you mean Sainsbury’s? I guess they are first and foremost a grocery store. I occasionally browse their clothes, but rarely buy. Not sure I agree with your total condemnation of them though - I have friends and family who buy their jeans, their cardigans, jumpers, etc.
They do quite interesting Homeware - some of it Habitat. I bought some lovely bowls recently.

grandMattie Sat 30-Jul-22 16:50:48

I used to buy most of my clothes there too - but, I agree, this year the fabrics are horrible, the styles very odd, and the colours not very nice.

lemsip Sat 30-Jul-22 18:34:23

you need to name your local 'superstore' then you can see other opinions!

Casdon Sat 30-Jul-22 18:41:49

lemsip

you need to name your local 'superstore' then you can see other opinions!

It is Sainsburys, they do the Taste the Difference range.

I like their jeans, I get through jeans at a rate of knots as I’m always outside in the garden on my knees and humping things around, , and the Tu jeans fit me well and aren’t expensive. The nightwear is always good too.

Ladyleftfieldlover Sat 30-Jul-22 18:43:04

I bought a Habitat bowl too - a black and white one.

Jaxjacky Sat 30-Jul-22 19:30:54

I’ve bought denim shorts, three t shirts (lime green, navy and pink) two shirts for MrJ, green mix and pink/cream this year from Tu. All have been great, fitted and washed well.

kittylester Sat 30-Jul-22 19:38:44

I quite like Sainsbury's clothes for every day. And, I have friends who love Morrison's, Tesco and Asda clothes, I just think you have to be picky.