Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Does anyone else think that trousers like this are hideously ugly?

(151 Posts)
Witzend Sun 14-Aug-22 16:58:01

And aren’t at all flattering even on tall, super-slim models? Let alone anyone of a more normal size.

I do buy from this company but they are increasingly featuring this sort of thing.

PaperMonster Tue 23-Aug-22 19:52:42

They look lovely! I have a similar pair but on denim. Love them.

GreyKnitter Sun 21-Aug-22 14:28:03

Not my cup of tea that’s for sure. But I’m sure some like them and what hate the stuff I choose. Good job we’re not all alike. The world would be a very boring place.

Boz Tue 16-Aug-22 16:44:15

These trousers are very nice. No problem for me. But they are Athleisure pants which needs trainers to look at best.

Allsorts Tue 16-Aug-22 16:24:25

Too much like track bottoms, they don’t enhance any ones figure.

Nantotwo Tue 16-Aug-22 16:20:37

I like them and think the shirt looks OK with them. I don't think they would suit me though and are out of my budget

kittypaws49 Tue 16-Aug-22 07:43:26

I really like them, I have 3 pairs so far. I'd say they are warm weather trousers, I wear mine with sandals or plimsoles. They don't have a tight gathered ankle, it's more a soft pleat. And no, I'm not tall but I find this style very flattering.But I do make sure that my footwear has quite a thick sole to give a bit of extra height.

GreenGran78 Mon 15-Aug-22 23:32:43

Coco51. I love cropped trousers, because they are full-length on my very short legs. I'm sick of having to shorten trousers, which often means they also look wider than they should.

harold Mon 15-Aug-22 22:42:32

They look o.k on the model but would look just like tracksuit trousers on me I think. I usually prefer straight leg trousers and particularly dislike trousers that are skin tight on the thighs and only loose on the lower legs.

MissAdventure Mon 15-Aug-22 22:37:58

That's me out then.
I've not had a tight bottom for years. grin

Deedaa Mon 15-Aug-22 22:34:39

No good for me with my ankles I'm afraid. That baggy shirt is wrong, they would look much better with a tight fitting top. to keep the proportions right you have a baggy top with a tight bottom half or vice versa.

Shirley48 Mon 15-Aug-22 22:24:46

Lucca

Happyme

Oh dear, looked at this post, liked the trousers, visited the site , bought them!!! . I am so easily led ?

Oh well done you !!

Sounds like someone with joy in their life, instead of self righteous indignation.

Lucca Mon 15-Aug-22 22:07:54

Happyme

Oh dear, looked at this post, liked the trousers, visited the site , bought them!!! . I am so easily led ?

Oh well done you !!

Lucca Mon 15-Aug-22 22:04:53

Golfwidow

Aveline

I agree. I hate these gathered ankles. Nobody looks good in them.

I do!

I do too.

grannygranby Mon 15-Aug-22 21:34:04

Yes I like them. Ideal

happycatholicwife1 Mon 15-Aug-22 21:00:02

Witzend, agree. They are described as softly tailored trousers. There's nothing tailored about them. They look like my rubbish sick clothes or gardening pants. But, it's a case of The Emperor's New Clothes. They think they can charge you more money for less fabric and less work, and if they give it a trendy nickname, you'll be foolish enough to fall all over yourself and buy two pair.

GrannyGravy13 Mon 15-Aug-22 20:42:57

I doubt that the Company’s market is GN demographic.

Fashion evolves, our GC and even our AC would not wear what we wore as teens/twenty somethings.

MickyD Mon 15-Aug-22 20:32:42

I agree. Ugly, unflattering and I wouldn’t be seen dead in a pair.

Theoddbird Mon 15-Aug-22 19:38:08

If everyone works the same thing how boring it would be. For goodness sake...we all have our own style. If I wore trousers they would be ok. Are you a fashion icon... ?

Callistemon21 Mon 15-Aug-22 19:08:53

GraceQuirrel

I absolutely love that outfit but would not suit 16+ which is me sad

Is that age 16, GraceQuirrel?

MissAdventure Mon 15-Aug-22 19:06:19

I quite like some of the ones posted up as "worse". smile

GraceQuirrel Mon 15-Aug-22 19:02:24

I absolutely love that outfit but would not suit 16+ which is me sad

MissAdventure Mon 15-Aug-22 18:59:22

Surely we're all confident enough to wear what we like, without needing approval from everyone else?

A pair of trousers isn't going to be hurt by anyone calling them ugly.

Golfwidow Mon 15-Aug-22 18:58:14

Aveline

I agree. I hate these gathered ankles. Nobody looks good in them.

I do!

Nell8 Mon 15-Aug-22 18:49:20

At that price I'll wait until they start appearing in the charity shops. Those folded bottoms would be great for stuffing in my wellies when it's muddy in the garden.

Shirley48 Mon 15-Aug-22 18:24:58

Carenza123

I’m afraid they would not attract me to buy them. I like either fitted trousers or straight leg linen ones. Don’t believe in dressing for comfort - I still would like to think I don’t dress dowdily.

I imagine the designer of these trousers would be surprised at your comment - they’re not a “Damart” style designed for elderly folks - it’s a trendy style, not dowdy.