Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Wellington Boots Which Don’t Rub Your Ankles

(17 Posts)
Sunnyoutlook Sat 05-Nov-22 22:04:10

I have a green pair of Dunlop wellies which rub my ankles. Without spending a fortune has anyone found a comfortable pair. I know you can get them in a wider calf fitting but it’s just my ankles that suffer.

Blossoming Sat 05-Nov-22 22:14:05

Hunter Originals don’t dip in too much at the ankles, but they’re not cheap. You might be able to find cheaper ones at a lower price.

Blossoming Sat 05-Nov-22 22:15:44

That was supposed to say similar ones, of course they’d be a lower price if they’re cheaper! < facepalm >

Retread Sat 05-Nov-22 22:39:21

Hunter wellies made mincemeat of my Achilles tendon ... 🤷‍♀️

Blossoming Sat 05-Nov-22 22:50:03

How odd!

vegansrock Sun 06-Nov-22 05:28:48

Lidl have some fleecy lined wellies in at the moment. I think they are £12.99. Might be worth a try.

Oopsadaisy1 Sun 06-Nov-22 08:08:07

I have Dunlops and they are fine, maybe you picked up a ‘duff’ pair? I have to wear a thick pair of socks with mine so maybe a larger size would be better for you ?

Sago Sun 06-Nov-22 08:56:44

Aigle are the best, the soles are flexible like a walking boot.
Over £100 but mine are about 18 years old.

foxie48 Sun 06-Nov-22 09:21:20

I found Hunters were comfortable but found they split so I bought a pair of Aigles. They were quite expensive but I wear them a lot and they are very comfortable, especially good for walking in. They seem to be wearing well so I don't mind spending extra. If you search on line you can sometimes find them discounted.

yogitree Sun 06-Nov-22 09:27:30

Muck Boots are great but expensive.

Casdon Sun 06-Nov-22 09:32:52

I agree yogitree, far more comfortable than wellies because they are padded inside so your feet don’t move around.

Sunnyoutlook Sun 06-Nov-22 09:45:12

Thank you so much everyone for your very helpful suggestions. I will look into the different makes of wellies and try and find something suitable. The boots are mainly for dog walks which lately have been very muddy with all the rain.

Fleurpepper Sun 06-Nov-22 09:58:00

Retread

Same here, and no wellies give you any ankle support. I avoid them like the plague.

Casdon Sun 06-Nov-22 10:06:56

Fleurpepper

Retread

Same here, and no wellies give you any ankle support. I avoid them like the plague.

Muck Boots do, another advantage.
muckbootcompany.co.uk/collections/wellington-boots-with-extra-support

M0nica Sun 06-Nov-22 18:49:18

I think you just have to keep trying on different makes of wellies until you find ones that fit your feet and ankles, because someone may recommend one make because they are very comfortable for them, but it doesn't follow that it will be comfortable for you.

Sunnyoutlook Sun 06-Nov-22 19:14:46

Thank you everyone. Gransnet is such a good place for help and advice. Am off tomorrow to try out the various wellies recommended here.

Retread Sun 06-Nov-22 20:30:35

Thank you Fleurpepper I know I didn't imagine it smile

TBH I really don't like wellies! I find them uncomfortable.