Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

At last - I could be a style icon!

(12 Posts)
Hetty58 Tue 13-Dec-22 18:53:41

Looking at predicted 'Weird Trends' in fashion - I found a perfect description of me! Yipee, fame at last, no shopping needed, as I have it all (heavy layers, house slippers and knits) here anyway:

'TikTok trends are ever-evolving, and Macfarlane, Brand Creative Director at The Digital Fairy, tells me that a brand new iteration of a few we’ve already seen is on the horizon: Yes, “folklore grandma.”

“Plenty of trends have honoured wholesome, matriarchal homemakers (cottagecore, coastal grandmother) but in AW23, the folklore grandma will emerge,” she says.

“This trend is modest, motherly and cosy with heavy layers, house slippers and knits. Silhouettes will become snuggly, pastimes will become analogue and accessories will be knitted and crocheted. In beauty, we can expect ruddy blusher, wispy corner lashes, undone hair and outgrown greys.”

www.vice.com/en/article/bvmkd3/biggest-fashion-trends-of-2023?xtor=ES-208-[57024_NEWS_NLB_ACT_WK50_Tue_13_Dec]-20221213-[Vice]

Blossoming Tue 13-Dec-22 19:18:22

Ooh yes! Plus I have ‘Slobwear’ off to a T already.

MissAdventure Tue 13-Dec-22 19:22:53

grin
You can count me in on that trend.

Hetty58 Tue 13-Dec-22 19:25:17

I've got heaps of knitted accessories and bags too!

MissAdventure Tue 13-Dec-22 19:28:49

Oh I love a nice jumper. Crochet, knit, I love them all.

Auntieflo Tue 13-Dec-22 19:32:50

Think I could be trending as an influencer 😀

Kalu Tue 13-Dec-22 19:36:11

Before you know it Hetty, you will be an influencer…..another new trend. 😂
I do at least try to coordinate my layers of woollies and thermals to achieve a smart/slobby look with an air of je ne sais quoi. Not sure I can carry it off but who cares, I am warm.

MissAdventure Tue 13-Dec-22 19:42:21

Undone hair and grown outgrown greys.
Check👍

Callistemon21 Tue 13-Dec-22 20:27:00

After translating all that - yes! I could be a trendsetter too 😀

My retro crochet blankets are much sought after. Even the dog put it on his Christmas wish list.

In beauty, we can expect ruddy blusher, wispy corner lashes, undone hair and outgrown greys.
Sorry, no grey yet, still hoping so I can go purple!!
Silhouettes will become snuggly
Plump?

I have gone off cooking unfortunately and I wear trainers, not slippers.

AmberSpyglass Tue 13-Dec-22 20:30:01

I love the way the younger generation is reworking the way their predecessors dressed. The language is always so over dramatic and playful,

Grannybags Tue 13-Dec-22 21:54:35

I remember when I would wear the latest 'on trend' gear my Mum would often say 'I used to have one like that!'

Callistemon21 Tue 13-Dec-22 22:02:15

Grannybags

I remember when I would wear the latest 'on trend' gear my Mum would often say 'I used to have one like that!'

If you wore it the first time round ......