Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Lightinthebox - know it?

(16 Posts)
Baggs Fri 10-Mar-23 12:35:03

GagaJo

Why not try EShakti? Similar idea. Cusomised clothes. I've bought from them and the quality is excellent. They're not cheap though.

This is a good point. Cheap clothes are cheap for a reason, or several reasons, come to that.

My swimsuits were not cheap.

BeverleyJB Fri 10-Mar-23 12:07:47

Just looked at this retailer on Facebook - the most commonly used words in posts by customers appear to be “rip off”, with “do not use” coming in a close second!

GagaJo Fri 10-Mar-23 11:53:51

Why not try EShakti? Similar idea. Cusomised clothes. I've bought from them and the quality is excellent. They're not cheap though.

NotTooOld Fri 10-Mar-23 11:49:01

MerylStreep - yes, I did notice all the dresses are displayed on the same faceless model. Tbh I did not read anything into that.

Thanks for the advice, all. You have confirmed what I thought - not a good idea to order. I do wish companies with better reputations could come up with equally good designs though.

Baggs Thu 09-Mar-23 15:12:55

The swimsuits (with legs and sleeves, sometimes called rash guard dive skin suits) I bought from lightinthebox are great. Although I'm actually quite small I need a large in their sizing but that was easy to suss out because they do the sizing for these swimsuits in height and weight.

MerylStreep Thu 09-Mar-23 14:15:28

Please don’t trust TrustPilot. Companies pay for the good reviews.

MerylStreep Thu 09-Mar-23 14:14:06

I did have a list of all these Chinese companies, all owned by the same man. I think there were about 250.
He’s the richest man in China.

MerylStreep Thu 09-Mar-23 14:12:08

Did it not cross your minds that you never see the models faces? They are all copied.

MerylStreep Thu 09-Mar-23 14:09:48

Just flush your money down the toilet, it’s quicker than the grief you will go through.
I was part of a campaign on FB to get these companies banned from advertising on there.
I was banned twice.

Patsy70 Thu 09-Mar-23 14:04:02

I agree, avoid this company. During lockdown I ordered two Summer dresses, which were poorly made in cheap material and I couldn’t return them.

Keeleklogger Thu 09-Mar-23 13:19:15

Don’t order from this company, they also have another company called eechic. The goods come from China and there is no return address.

Many people have asked for return address by email with no response, so you are stuck with poor quality goods

Avoid at all costs

maturefloosy Thu 09-Mar-23 12:17:06

I ordered a dress last year - it arrived after a couple of weeks - was too small for my size - the fabric crumpled and was so cheap I threw it away. A few months later my email address appeared on a compromised list and I changed my password. Nothing else I ordered was from outside this country so I assume the email address was sold on - I paid for the dress on a Mastercard and so far no amounts stolen - - I am just suspicious of all these Far Eastern companies online / Facebook etc. selling cheap clothes.

nexus63 Thu 09-Mar-23 12:09:20

i have never ordered from this company but i did look it up on trustpilot as i do with every online company i buy from. have a look at the reviews, the prices look good but the shipping seems to be an issue with some people and the return address is in asia.

NotTooOld Thu 09-Mar-23 12:04:23

Ooh, good idea. I will.

Hipsy Thu 09-Mar-23 11:59:08

Take a look at the reviews on Trust Pilot !

NotTooOld Thu 09-Mar-23 11:52:04

Has anyone ordered or had any experience with this website? They have some great summer dresses in linen and cotton and I really like the designs - but they are very cheap, around the £20-25 pound mark - so I am suspicious. There are some reviews that I have read and most of them are complimentary but, of course, they may not be real.