Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Tops with build it bras

(10 Posts)
LilyoftheValley Mon 07-Sept-26 19:32:23

I have noticed a great deal of advertising lately for wide strapped square necked tops with built in bras. Has anyone used them? Sound ideal if they do what is claimed. Thank you.

Visgir1 Tue 08-Sept-26 08:23:57

I have but I'm only a B cup and I'm OK with them.
I would not be too sure about more "endowed" ladies, they might find it tricky.

Magenta8 Tue 08-Sept-26 08:31:55

Useless unless you are below a C cup or you don't mind being squashed.

I am far from massive or "endowed" but when I tried one it was very uncomfortable and pushed my frontage into a monoboob. Not a good look. I have similar problems with swimming costumes.

M0nica Tue 08-Sept-26 11:52:37

They just look hideous.

Boomer1947 Tue 08-Sept-26 11:59:59

I too have wasted money on these bra tops. Ridiculous unless you are very slim.
They don't stay in place, don't hold you firm.
And always young, slim models in advertisements.

MayBee70 Tue 08-Sept-26 13:28:26

I’m interested in getting one. I’ve lost a lot of weight recently and, as per usual the first place I lose it from is my boobs. When I’m in the house I don’t bother with a bra anyway ( and none of my bras no longer fit me) but would like to have some t shirts that don’t make me look totally bra’less.

MawsRosie Tue 08-Sept-26 14:46:33

Oh "built in"!
"Build it bras" sounded like something to do with Lego! gringringrin

Casdon Tue 08-Sept-26 15:02:46

I don’t like them, they aren’t flattering, and I find them too hot, as because the material is stretchy it clings to your body all the way down, not just where a normal bra fits.

AskAlice Tue 08-Sept-26 18:23:28

I'm with Casdon. I'm not hugely well-endowed, probably average. I find that in the winter, pull-on bras and crop-top styles with built-in support are fine, but in the warmer weather it's like wearing a mini thermal vest! Luckily I can go without any bras or crop tops without looking too awful (I think!) unless I am wearing a thin, transparent top or a clingy T-shirt.

HelterSkelter1 Fri 11-Sept-26 19:15:20

I have some from MS. I think they came in a pack of 3. They are hot to wear, but maybe nicer in the winter. I also step into them and pull them up.
I find my usual underwired bras are very uncomfortable now across my rib cage for some reason. I often go braless if I am wearing a thicker material top. I am a 34 B/C so I can.