Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Why does your hair always look great the as soon as you make an appointment to get it cut?

(10 Posts)
Marg75 Thu 08-Oct-26 12:44:42

My hairdresser always says to me annoyingly when she comes to cut my hair 'it looks really nice'!

Sarnia Thu 08-Oct-26 10:25:42

Sod's Law. I am asking myself why my usually irregular heart is behaving itself now I have a 7 day Holter tape on.

Oreo Thu 08-Oct-26 10:08:17

Or the boiler that works perfectly the day the repair man arrives.

Oreo Thu 08-Oct-26 10:07:33

😂

Bukkie Thu 08-Oct-26 10:06:57

It's like the toothache that has been affecting you for weeks disappears the morning of the appointment.

TerriBull Thu 08-Oct-26 10:02:34

Yes it's at its optimum length...and then we go and spoil it. However, it rarely stays just so before that perfection passes, which is exactly why we go and spoil it, until it returns to its perfect state again just around the time of the next appointment. And so it continues grin

FriedGreenTomatoes2 Thu 08-Oct-26 10:01:53

Sod’s Law! I’m going tomorrow and it actually looks quite nice today!

Oreo Thu 08-Oct-26 09:59:32

I agree 😂 am going to the hairdresser today for a cut and colour.It really doesn’t look this morning as if it needs either but three days ago it definitely did! One of life’s cruel ironies.

GrannyGravy13 Thu 08-Oct-26 09:47:31

It’s the way the universe works 🤷‍♀️

Pleasebenice Thu 08-Oct-26 09:35:28

Having my long hair cut short tomorrow and today it looks better than it has for months!