Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Makeup and skincare routine

(17 Posts)
Comeonladies5poundwhisk Mon 16-Mar-20 18:30:50

So what is your skin care and makeup routine the latest one that is so mine is :Clarins Cleansing Milk, Lancome Toner ,Lancome Rose Sugar Scrub ,My Clarins moisturizer 2 Lancome Night Creams Lancome Serum Balance me eye cream. Makeup:Burberry foundation/concealer stick “does not sink in to lines and wrinkles “ Rimmel Stay Matte Powder or bare minerals ,W7 blush perfection “v fab good for cheeks “ Clarins eye quad benefit eyeliner lancome
Lash primer and mascara clarins lip gloves and Bare minerals spray

Comeonladies5poundwhisk Mon 16-Mar-20 18:31:15

Where did gloves come from i ment gloss

Shirleyw Wed 18-Mar-20 04:14:04

I use Neals Yard 'frankincense' range...face wash, serum and moisturiser.....I usually go out bare faced but sometimes wear makeup, just a tinted moisturiser, mascara and lipstick.

Nanna58 Tue 24-Mar-20 19:40:22

Nighttime, The Ordinary Matryxil and Retinol, followed by Aldi Midnight Power creamA,M Superdrug Peptide serum and Hyalauronic Acid Serum, then a 50 Sunscreen. Makeup- brown eyeliner, brown eyebrow powder , Nivea Cherry coloured lip balm. Done!!

Serendipity22 Thu 30-Apr-20 19:20:16

I was browsing through the net and came across Charlotte Tilbury Magic Serum
I thought I would give it a go....placed an order...rubbed it into my face morning & night, 4 days later I can honestly say its FANTASTIC...

Apart from that, I use soap and water, end of.

smile

phoenix Thu 30-Apr-20 19:23:33

Oh bloody hell, I feel I've achieved something if I remember to slap a bit of Loreal Age Perfect cleanser across my face, and want a round of applause if I remember to use the toner after!

crazyH Thu 30-Apr-20 19:33:15

I'm getting those sun patches (don't know what they're called - they're the larger version of freckles). Anyway, I thought I'll check the Charlotte Tilbury serum....gosh, £60 !!!!! Can't afford that ?

MrsJamJam Thu 30-Apr-20 19:34:11

I am being very diligent about cleaning my teeth - don't want any problems with toothache! My face seems to be happy looking after itself with the odd bit of moisturiser now and again. But routine ... I don't think so!

GagaJo Thu 30-Apr-20 19:38:44

I'm with you phoenix. I don't believe any of that stuff works. I'm remarkably wrinkle free (NOT the same thing as looking young for my age!) considering I do nothing.

I've found the very best thing for taking eye make-up off is olive oil. A friend in Spain recommended it for grandson's skin when he was born, and indeed, it's remarkable. I used to use coconut oil but that can be a bit drying.

I used to use Simple products, but can't even be bothered with those now.

Teeth are a different matter. Like MrsJamJam, I'm religious with cleaning them. I use Corsodyl toothpaste. I'm very used to the taste now. Used some regular mint toothpaste the other day and was shocked how sweet it is. I get a bit of gum disease if I don't stick to it and the mouthwash stains my teeth.

phoenix Thu 30-Apr-20 19:51:12

If you really want to be diligent on tooth brushing, get and use some disclosing tablets! Can be quite an eye opener!

SalsaQueen Thu 30-Apr-20 20:10:36

"Simple" soap and water, followed by their cleanser and moisturiser at night.

PamelaJ1 Thu 30-Apr-20 20:18:05

I’m a beauty therapist and I have quite a simple routine,
Wash with Moulton Brown facial soap. It lasts forever. Then rinse off with a hot flannel. This has the added advantage of exfoliating.
Only use the flannel once before washing.
Then I use a serum, any will do , at the moment I’m adding lavender oil because I had a large chunk cut out of my nose in November and lavender is very healing. Then a moisturiser with an SPF of 20.
If I’m going out I’ll pop a bit of sun cream on followed by Bareminerals (also has a SPF.)
A regular routine of clean, hydrate and protect needent cost a fortune.

Dollymc1 Thu 30-Apr-20 22:26:54

I'm a Liz Earle girl, have used it for years
I was gifted some Tropic skincare for Christmas and have been quite impressed with it

lizaparkerwriter Tue 07-Jul-20 06:44:04

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

TwiceAsNice Tue 07-Jul-20 09:33:16

I wash my face with soap and water in the morning then apply toner and wipe around my face and neck. I use a moisturiser with an sp of 20 on face neck and chest area. Sometimes makeup if going out , always Clinique lipstick if nothing else.

In the night I again wash with soap and water and use a night cream I NBC the same way as my daytime moisturiser. I also use hand and foot cream regularly and brush my teeth twice a day with Sensodyne toothpaste and use the little dental brushes in all the gaps afterwards

TwiceAsNice Tue 07-Jul-20 09:34:08

Don’t know where the NBC came from should read in the

Teetime Tue 07-Jul-20 09:59:17

I have done the cleanse, tone, nourish routine night and morning for ever - all Clarins. Every now and then I have a make up free day and use Clarins Facial Oil mixed with moisturiser for a deep nourish but I dont leave the house on those days. I am gradually moving over from Clarins make up to Dior which is lovely and luxurious. Loads and loads of fruit, veg and salad and plenty of grape juice (wine). smile Works for me.