Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Electronic beauty gadgets - has anybody tried these at home?

(6 Posts)
Alison333 Wed 13-Jan-21 14:32:30

Having a bit more time to waste than usual, I was browsing online and came across something called a 'derma pen'. You use it at home and it apparently pricks your face to stimulate collagen to reduce lines and wrinkles!

There are other things too e.g. a pen or 'wand' that sends vibrations through your skin allegedly to improve wrinkles! Has anybody actually tried anything like this at home and if so, did it work? Are there any other weird and wonderful gadgets out there?

dahlia Wed 13-Jan-21 15:25:25

Perhaps gentle tapping all over the face (while watching television?) would be as good as the machine? I have heard of jade stones being used to massage spots and birthmarks - on "Gloop", of course!

P1234 Sat 16-Jan-21 09:07:07

I am now on my 2nd one. First one stopped working after about 5 years. I have the wand and love it. I use it 3 mins twice a day. I'm sure it helps keeps cold sores away too

Shinamae Mon 01-Mar-21 23:26:39

This is not electronic but it is effective and there are lots of videos on YouTube about how to use it,not that expensive to buy about £15 and that’s quite a good one don’t buy anything too cheap.....

Luckylegs Mon 01-Mar-21 23:29:01

Aldi are selling a jade roller and a rose quartz one for stimulating your face for not very much money.

THErose5 Wed 03-Mar-21 23:35:02

How about red light, I've been reading up on it. Smooths the skin and can be used for aches and pains too. It has loads of benefits. Don't bother with the derma pens or rollers they do hurt when you use them unless its a 0.5 needles