Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

The Body Shop

(13 Posts)
Shirleyw Tue 19-Jan-21 03:44:12

I do buy bits from there, oh how I love there lemon range. The intense hand and body lotion just smells of real lemon peel and lemon, it’s gorgeous, can’t get enough of the smell ?, also got the lemon spray for hair and the lemon hand gel. Yes, I’m a right lemon?
Do you like the body shop stuff.

nanna8 Tue 19-Jan-21 03:49:32

I like it but there are not that many body shops where we live. I always buy the home made soaps from markets and store them with clothes until I need them.

CanadianGran Tue 19-Jan-21 04:03:42

I don't have a body shop near me, but I like their bubble bath, although it is getting harder to find and instead I will use their body wash as bubbles. There was one in a blue bottle that I was obsessed with but is not made now.

I also really like their shimmering body oil for summer. I use it on my legs. It gives a nice glow without being girlie/sparkly.

Dorsetcupcake61 Tue 19-Jan-21 06:24:34

I've always thought their body butter was nice. Over the years I've found the majority of their products dont live up to the hype or price.
That said last year my daughter started a body shop from home business so I've had lots of new opportunities to try things.
I have quite sensitive skin. For about a decade have been using Avon Anew and been very happy with it. I've tried the Body Shops carrot and vitamin e moisturizer, neither irritated my skin and perfectly adequate but my skin feels as if has less of a glow.
Their orange soap is lovely. The hemp hand cream is good.
On the whole the shampoos and shower gels are fine,often smell nice but in an understated way. They are pleasant but not sure worth the price.
I do wonder if I'm not their target audience. I'm 60 this year and over the past year I have noticed my skin really benefits from more moisturizing products. I used their shower gel/ body lotion consistently for a week. It was a moisturising one but there was a noticeable difference in how drier my skin was.
They do some lovely candles as well. I do wonder if maybe there range for body products is something more suited to those 30 and under who on the whole are in there prime!

LullyDully Tue 19-Jan-21 08:38:53

Do they still recycle the bottles?

Lollin Tue 19-Jan-21 09:08:59

Interesting as it has been years since I stepped inside one of their shops as I felt they went downhill years ago - product hype and approach to customers.

Ro60 Tue 19-Jan-21 09:17:08

Stopped using when they sold their soul to L'oreal.

Their prices seem to have gone through the roof too.
There's more competition too so not on my radar these days per lockdown would rather browse L'Occitane or Rituals.

skye7 Wed 03-Feb-21 15:31:59

I like a lot of the body shop stuff and the fact that you can try small sizes but there isn’t one near me and where I live the prices are a lot dearer than on the UK website.
Apparently l’oreal no longer own it and it has been bought by Brazilian company called Natura who do cruelty free beauty products and also run another name called Aesop.

Gwyneth Wed 03-Feb-21 16:17:34

Using the body shop strawberry shampoo and conditioner at the moment. The lovely strawberry smell stays on my hair for a few days.

Judy54 Wed 03-Feb-21 16:45:36

Coconut shower creme is my favourite. I don't have a body shop near me either so I buy online and have found the service and delivery very good.

Whingingmom Sun 07-Feb-21 20:34:13

I like their lipsticks - never tried Body Shop makeup until recently, good value and nice quality.

cornishpatsy Sun 07-Feb-21 20:49:20

I used to love their White Musk, don't know if they still make it. I haven't got a Body shop near me and am not bothered enough to buy it online now.

Patsy70 Tue 06-Apr-21 15:45:00

I’ve used their Vitamin E cleansers and moisturisers for years. The nearest shop to me closed and became ‘Whistles’. I now buy their products online.