Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Laura Geller Make Up 💋

(9 Posts)
FannyCornforth Mon 03-Jul-23 12:38:13

Hello
I’ve been curious about this brand for a while.
I notice today that they have a brilliant 4th July sale on (60 per cent off)
Does anyone have any experience of it?
Thank you!

FannyCornforth Mon 03-Jul-23 12:43:37

If anyone is interested

www.laurageller.com/collections/all-products

Georgesgran Mon 03-Jul-23 13:25:05

Yes, Fanny - I love it!

Balance and Brighten makeup is a brush on powder. They say it’s a baked cream, so the heat of the skin and movement of the brush turns it creamy. It’s so easy to apply too - foolproof.
I also use her eye products - eyeliners, both fat crayons and harder pencils, but both very easy to apply and don’t drag the skin.
Lipsticks too - I’ve ‘proper’ ones and a couple that are more like a coloured balm.
Buying from QVC Fanny?. If so, you can use it and if you don’t like it, send it back for a refund - but remember to keep your invoice as the returns note is attached.

FannyCornforth Mon 03-Jul-23 13:49:28

Thank you GeorgesGran!

Ordinarily I’d get it from QVC as I do appreciate the return system, but every time I look my skin tone is sold out (I’m very pasty pale)

And the savings on the LG site today are very enticing.

Does the Balance and Brighten have much sheen or ‘glitter’ to it?
I think that there is a matte version too.

I’ll be having a good look this afternoon.

I’m in the market for a smudgy eyeliner too (the best ones are Victoria Beckham Beauty apparently, I’ve been dithering over them for months!)

I haven’t worn makeup for three years now (after wearing it nearly every day since I was 15)

I’m hoping to get out and about a bit more, and I think upping my makeup game might make me feel a bit like my old self.

Georgesgran Mon 03-Jul-23 14:31:46

I don’t find the B and B glittery/sparkly - it’s quite matt on me. I also like her Spackle which is a tinted under makeup primer, I get ‘Bronze’ which is enough on its own sometimes, if I’m not going out. Makeup sits on the skin, rather than sinks in, so you use less and it lasts longer. Blimey - when I’ve seen all the LG I’ve got here, I should be on commission!! TBH I like makeup, wear it every day, but hate approaching counters in JL and Fenwicks where you feel ‘befriended’ until you get the high pressure sales talk! It’s the equivalent of the sucked teeth and sad shake of the head at the garage, when you think your car’s gone in for a simple service!

Hope you get what you’re looking for - love a sale. X

Georgesgran Mon 03-Jul-23 14:32:15

Meant to send pic

FannyCornforth Mon 03-Jul-23 15:19:43

Thank you again!
I’ve just bought about £300+ of things for £100!
Including balance and brighten in fair and spackle in rose gold.
I’ve bought a jelly lip stick in neutral as I have to be careful as unfortunately my teeth can tend to look yellow with colour.
Three eyeliners, a blush, and two retractable brushes.
All in all, 10 items.
I’m delighted with my haul! grin

Re the makeup counters, yes, it’s ridiculous, especially when you know exactly what you want.
I’ve often wanted to buy a single eyeshadow and felt like a pariah for not wanting to take out a second mortgage!

Georgesgran Mon 03-Jul-23 16:06:14

Well bought Fanny!

I love lurking around Jo Malone at Christmas time, when unsuspecting husbands, fathers and OHs sit there nodding to all the suggestions made by the super helpful ‘painted butterflies’ behind the counter! I often wonder how much they’ve parted with for that cream and black carrier bag.
Not that I’d turn one down myself. Other brands are available.

Ailidh Tue 04-Jul-23 14:58:42

Thank you for this recommendation!

I'm stepping up from Superdrug, so really looking forward to it. Was an Estee Lauder and Chanel girl when I was working but I've been being extra economical of late.
I deserve a treat 🙂. £250 value for £122 is a great deal, although I was a bit taken aback by the £11 shipping charges - I'd imagined they would despatch from a UK warehouse.

Gonna be so glam!! 🤭