Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Other media/tv news channels

(3 Posts)
MawsRosie Tue 06-Oct-26 14:00:06

Until this morning I had never heard of Tousi TV so I looked it up.

Overview & Focus
• Host & Leadership: Founded and hosted by Mahyar Tousi, with Danielle Tousi serving as CEO.
• Subscriber Base: Features over 1.68 million subscribers on YouTube.
• Core Themes: Delivers real-time global news, political commentary, and analysis with a focus on freedom, democracy, and traditional values.
• Primary Topics: Concentrates heavily on geopolitical developments in Iran, activities of the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC), Middle Eastern conflicts, and United Kingdom politics.
• Platforms: Available via YouTube, podcasts on Spotify, a dedicated mobile app for iPhone and Android, and a subscription-based tier called Tousi TV+
Hmm the preponderance of “Iranian or Islamic Revolutionary Guard activities “ doesn’t recommend it to me. What do they mean “traditional values” Whose?

I am aware of others Al- Jazeera, yes, Fox News, GMB tv but I have never watched any of them.
Boring perhaps but I like and trust Channel 4 News and, for what it is worth , usually trust Radio 4 The World At One and The World Tonight.
Should I broaden my outlook or can you have too much news ?

BlueBelle Tue 06-Oct-26 15:04:51

Why’s this in style and beauty? I m puzzled
I ve never heard of this news programme or the person but that’s not unusual for me
All-jazeera is a good news programme otherwise BBC does it for me

Jaxjacky Tue 06-Oct-26 15:11:03

Good question BlueBell.
Apparently (French schools thread) Tousi TV has a right wing based view on matters, based on opinion, not fact, no thanks for me.