Gransnet forums

Technology

Do you have an ICE number in your 'phone?

(12 Posts)
Anne58 Wed 03-Oct-12 12:14:39

Mr P has got a new mobile for work, and it just occurred to me to remind him to put my mobile number and our landline in the contacts list under "I"

Have you done your "In Case of Emergency" entry?

tanith Wed 03-Oct-12 12:36:04

Always have that in my mobile phonenix but a good reminder...

glitabo Wed 03-Oct-12 12:43:55

I have ICe numbers in my phone, but my phone needs a password to access it. How does that work?

Anne58 Wed 03-Oct-12 12:45:56

Good question, but one unfortunately to which I do not have an answer!

HappyNanna Wed 03-Oct-12 19:21:07

Good idea to put ICE1 AND ICE2 - I've got our home phone number and OH's mobile.

Littlenellie Wed 03-Oct-12 20:13:11

I havexx

NfkDumpling Wed 03-Oct-12 23:08:20

I have our home phone number, on the off chance that best beloved may possibly answer, and DS 's mobile in case he doesn't.

Ana Wed 03-Oct-12 23:10:28

My mobile is so old-fashioned it doesn't have an ICE option! confused

glitabo Wed 03-Oct-12 23:37:53

Ana I think you just type ICE before the appropriate name in your contact list.
That is what I have done. Thus, John Smith becomes ICE John Smith.

I had to go on a speed awareness course (had done 36 in a 30mph area).
The course was facilitated by a retired policeman. He told us that if there is an accident, they go through the injured person's mobile phone contact list under I for a name beginning with ICE. They would then ring that number. If there were no ICE numbers they would look for other clues, like 'mum", "Home" and go through the list until they found someone.

shysal Thu 04-Oct-12 09:13:56

I hadn't heard of the ICE title, good idea. I have now prefixed my daughters' names in my contacts. My phone is very basic so does not have any features except calls and texts.
Thanks phoenix.

tanith Thu 04-Oct-12 15:07:12

glitabo is correct the emergency services will always look for ICE in a persons phone first.

Gally Thu 04-Oct-12 15:53:45

I've had 3x ICE numbers on my mobile for a couple of years, just in case. I think we should all do it - it makes things so much easier for the emergency services should it be necessary.