Gransnet forums

Technology

Digital Radio Blues

(11 Posts)
Lilygran Thu 18-Oct-12 10:15:46

If you do use batteries in your DAB radio, you realise how much more electricity they use than non-DAB. Can't use them in the car. How is that a good idea?

Anne58 Thu 18-Oct-12 10:00:52

TV is in the sitting room, radio in the kitchen. I can't leave the sitting room door open during the day, so can't use the tv to listen to the radio, if you know what I mean.

It's ok at the moment, completely burble free!

kittylester Thu 18-Oct-12 07:28:27

We (well Dh actually) can't listen to his football team on DAB so we have a really tatty, paint spattered radio that lives in the playroom.

I've found listening to the radio on the tv works best but, if you have no tv, that wouldn't work either.

annodomini Wed 17-Oct-12 22:58:06

Mine burbles when my laptops too close, but I presume you've thought of that.

merlotgran Wed 17-Oct-12 22:48:39

I bought a DAB digital radio so I could listen to the Archers in my greenhouse. I use rechargeable batteries and so far I haven't had any problems. Once the winter sets in I won't be using it so it'll probably give me a hard time next spring when I want to escape.

Anne58 Wed 17-Oct-12 22:40:38

it's strange, isn't it? I can hear it in my head with a particular rhythm, but of course others will read/hear it in a completely different one!

Still bloody pissed off about it though!

merlotgran Wed 17-Oct-12 22:35:59

Thanks, phoenix
I was going to put in a few Duh duh duh de duhs when the b***dy thing posted itself. angry

Anne58 Wed 17-Oct-12 22:30:43

Respect, merlot !

merlotgran Wed 17-Oct-12 22:28:00

The noise is a pain,
Disconnect, kill it’s brain.
Make a cuppa put on a CD
Wait a bit while you drink up the tea
Check the batteries - Reboot, that’s the plan
Fingers crossed , Auto tune if you can.
If you still get a noise and it’s more of a din
Give up on the tea, pour yourself a large gin.

glassortwo Wed 17-Oct-12 22:07:19

Aha so it's not just mine that's crap terrible then, thought it was down to the reception area.

Anne58 Wed 17-Oct-12 21:38:21

Please imagine the chunky "de dud de da, de da -diddly- duh type chords where appropriate. If it helps, it is a 12 bar, ish.

I woke up this morning, turned on my radio,
'Cos that's the way I start my day, no TV dontcha know,
John Humphries was speaking, in his usual style,
If I was an MP, I think I'd run a mile.

But then it all started, that burbling noise, so I turned off my mobile, and all my other toys
It made no difference, radio was still cutting out, I twiddled the ariel and began to scream and shout

So I switched it to FM, getting kinda pissed (American meaning, not drunk)
But that wasn't no better, it just kinda buzzed and hissed
So please can you tell me, what else can I do
To make sure my radio just aint a heap of poo (such British phraseology!)

So help me if you can, to sort this box of tricks,
Then I will be so glad, a happy Phoe-nix