Gransnet forums

Technology

Wedding Pics

(11 Posts)
Granny23 Wed 21-Nov-12 21:21:48

Feeling quite proud of myself today as I have managed to upload a couple of my wedding day pictures to my profile and ENLARGE them. The quality is not great but this is not surprising as they were not part of our black and white professionally taken photos, just taken on the day by a very amateur relative and recently the prints were scanned onto a disc and then copied from there to the computer.

Now I have bravely shown mine (and yes I do know I have a cottage loaf on my head) will you show me yours?

grannyactivist Wed 21-Nov-12 21:47:56

How lovely Granny23 - you do look so happy - smileand how clever of you to enlarge the photo's; something I've struggled with.
I shall go and dig around to find a photo of my wedding, but it might take me a couple of days.

annodomini Wed 21-Nov-12 22:13:37

I've got one of me somewhere but got rid of any that showed my exOH! I rather like the cottage loaf,G23 - very much of its time. Could never get my hair to grow long enough. envy

harrigran Wed 21-Nov-12 23:07:19

Lovely photos Granny23 you looked radiant.

whenim64 Thu 22-Nov-12 00:06:00

You look beautiful on your wedding photos granny23. I haven't got any of me as I left my wedding album behind when I was divorcing my husband. I wish I had one photo now, as I scrubbed up very nicely in my 70s Edwardian style Nottingham lace wedding dress with a lovely posy of lily of the valley.

baubles Thu 22-Nov-12 07:15:17

You were a beautiful bride G23 & looked very happy smile. I can't show you mine, I think the album may be in he loft and I've discover already that uploading photos to here can't be done on an iPad sad

glammanana Thu 22-Nov-12 08:56:58

Great photo's G23 I remember the hairstyle well used to have mine done similar when young called putting it up in coils I think was what the hairdresser called it.I still have mine up now but with a long ponytail wrapped around on of those bun thingy's for quickness.All the photo's are fab what lovely pic's of your DGCs and the GNers group.

glassortwo Thu 22-Nov-12 10:06:08

granny23 lovely photos, your hair is fab. smile

My photos are packed away with all my belongings in storage so cant put mine on, but they are a state grin DH hair to his shoulders and great big fly away collars. I have an old cine film that my Aunt and Uncle did of the wedding and had it put onto video for our 25th Anniversary ... its hilarious we all seem to be moving at double speed but ohh it was lovely to see my Gran and Grandad who died just after our wedding in 1976.

KatGransnet (GNHQ) Thu 22-Nov-12 14:51:04

Lovely photos, your dress and bouquet are beautiful!

Granny23 Fri 23-Nov-12 02:19:53

Thank you all for your kind comments, but that was not what I was seeking. I was hoping other folks would take the plunge and let us see them in their finery on their big day - I love to see old photos and compare the changing fashions.

Marelli Fri 23-Nov-12 09:40:25

Granny23, your wedding photos are lovely, and such a pretty dress and hair!
I can't show you mine, they are long ago disposed of....goodness knows where and I don't really care! I married in the Register Office in 1967 and the photos were taken by the best man at the closed door of the church across the road! I wore purple patent 'mod' shoes and a lilac wool suit, from which I'd hacked about 6" off the skirt. Divorced in 1971.......thankfully. sunshine