Gransnet forums

Technology

Any Facebook experts? How to start a separate page?

(7 Posts)
NannaAnna Wed 16-Jan-13 23:13:59

I could have helped JessM but at the time you posted I was juggling 2 new Facebook pages for the Gransnet Local areas I am the editor of, whilst simultaneously juggling the 2 Twitter pages (and continuing to edit listings on the GNLocal sites)
Actually ... I'd have been no help at all, all considered grin

Ella46 Wed 16-Jan-13 22:09:04

Me too!

glassortwo Wed 16-Jan-13 20:52:04

I have liked the page wink

glassortwo Wed 16-Jan-13 20:50:26

jess you have sorted it ok I will disappear again grin

Greatnan Wed 16-Jan-13 20:09:21

Jess - you should know better than to ask a question when Emmerdale and Corrie are on! Not that I could help, anyway, I spent two hours on the phone yesterday to Amazon Customer Care, trying to find out how to get my Kindle Fire to connect to my router. The man was trying to be helpful but his Indian accent was so marked I couldn't understand him. Turned out I just needed to set the time to local time. I don't know why he didn't tell me that right at the start.

JessM Wed 16-Jan-13 20:03:46

Well you lot were no use were you! But I managed on my own. You have to go onto the left hand side where it says Pages and work from there.
So if any of you live in the S Midlands/northern home counties you might like to go onto FB and find a page that says : Save Milton Keynes Market and press Like and Share.

JessM Wed 16-Jan-13 18:43:07

My local market is under threat because the owners of the mall want to boot it off its site to allow the building of a giant Primark.
I want to start a Facebook page objecting to this but I don't know how. Do I just start an open access "group" or is there another way. I feel like I should know how to do this but I am flummoxed.