Gransnet forums

Technology

Why oh why

(12 Posts)
Lilygran Fri 18-Jan-13 18:58:22

You really have to come clean and explain how the deleted threads infringed the rules. If only for the avoidance of future sin.

gracesmum Fri 18-Jan-13 18:59:38

Was it because somebody used the "t" word? I know I've fallen foul of that before now! blush

Lilygran Fri 18-Jan-13 19:26:10

What's the 't' word?

Ana Fri 18-Jan-13 19:32:23

Troll, and we're allowed to say it (oh thank you, GNHQ!), just not to accuse anyone of being one.

Anne58 Fri 18-Jan-13 19:32:53

Creature known to three members of an ovine family who either have deep voices or are known to be somewhat curt in conversation and have need to cross a spanning item (road or river, can't remember which) but are unable to so do because of the presence of the being who is situated under said spanning item and who wishes to A) Block the passage of the aforementioned ovine siblings or possibly B) Consume them in a manner which has not been approved by the relevant EN department.

I hope this helps.

Anne58 Fri 18-Jan-13 19:33:53

Sorry, should be "E.U"

As you were.

Sel Fri 18-Jan-13 19:42:20

I can only think Gransnet is too young and inexperienced to have been around the internet in the early 90s. We don't need protection ladies. If your problem is a legal one, then spell it out, how anyone infringed legal guidelines.

Nelliemoser Fri 18-Jan-13 20:06:47

Is the thread that must not be named the same thing as the thread in "Why have you deleted it"?
I go away from the computer to do something useful and come back to two posts about missing threads and a conspiracy of silence.

Or rather lots of cryptic references.

If the "Why have you deleted it" is about what I think it was about and was reading earlier in the day, it must have got much more vitriolic than it was when I left it.

Lets all just make lots of really cryptic posts and then have prizes for those who can guess correctly what hell we are talking about. grin

Mind you! thinking about it, that wouldn't be a lot diffent to a normal day on GN! wink

absent Fri 18-Jan-13 20:11:24

Sel Obviously Gransnet wasn't around in the early 90s. It was born on 5 May 2011.

jeni Fri 18-Jan-13 20:39:07

So it wasn't very old when I joined. I hadn't realised that. I thought I was a relative newbie!smile

GeraldineGransnet (GNHQ) Fri 18-Jan-13 20:46:06

I explained the deleted posts on another thread...this is what I said...

We did delete a couple of threads - one because it appeared to be poking fun at a particular poster, the other because another poster was the subject of a personal attack.

moon <suggests hopefully>

Ana Fri 18-Jan-13 20:51:29

And as I asked on another thread, why no warning or explanation? confused