Gransnet forums

Technology

Typing into the posting box

(6 Posts)
specki4eyes Sat 09-Mar-13 19:05:19

Is it me or is anyone else having trouble typing into the message posting box at the end of threads? I'm not having any problems with this one here but when I try to type my fourpennyworth in any other thread, the cursor freezes up or disappears altogether. After perhaps 30
frustrating seconds it starts up again only to repeat the freezing/disappearing act after a sentence or so. Its frustrating and I lose the will after a while.

LullyDully Sat 09-Mar-13 19:14:10

no problem here sorry

tanith Sat 09-Mar-13 19:52:49

Yes specki the same problem here its most frustrating..

gracesmum Sat 09-Mar-13 19:56:17

I have twice now written long posts which have subsequently disappeared while waiting for the post message button to work its magic. Immortal prose - and typically I can't remember half of it! sad maybe my laptop is censoring my posts?

glammanana Sat 09-Mar-13 20:32:22

I have at different times had messages disapear when I have clicked "post message" never to be seen again and I know that I have clicked firmly enough ? then have to retype post again.

Ana Sat 09-Mar-13 20:50:53

It's a good idea if you do type a post you don't want to get lost in the ether, to highlight and copy it before you click on submit. That way, if the post doesn't register at least you can paste your immortal prose in a new box and try again.