Gransnet forums

Technology

Versus 7in Touch Tab

(4 Posts)
overthehill Sat 13-Apr-13 18:59:27

My latest toy is a Versus 7in Touch Tab from Carphone Warehouse at the incredible price of £69.

We wanted a tablet to take away with us when we go caravanning but didn't fancy paying the price of an ipad.

All we really want if for is surfing the net and looking at emails so this little baby looks just the job.

It is a lovely bright clear screen, I only got it yesterday but it is up and running and I found it very easy to negate.

I have downloaded a couple of free apps but I am not going overboard. It had a front facing camera which probably isn't the best around. It has Skype but I won't be using it. I ran a Youtube video and it is quite good.

The downside is, it isn't 3G so you will only pick up wifi in the hot spots. Some caravan sites have wifi but lots don't. However, Wetherspoons, McDonalds and Costa Coffee have free wifi so will have to pay them a visit if we need to use it.

Anyway from I see so far, exceptionally good for the price.

bikergran Fri 30-Aug-13 21:26:57

testing ignore... -test-

bikergran Fri 30-Aug-13 21:27:26

-test-

eposmike Mon 02-Sep-13 17:45:52

If you're a BT customer you might be able to find wifi in any street. Just login with your email address and password to BTWiFi or BTWiFi with Fon and suft away to your hearts content.