Gransnet forums

Technology

I've had it up to here with Picasa

(5 Posts)
NfkDumpling Wed 12-Jun-13 21:19:47

Photobucket may have just gained another follower. I've stopped using Picassa too, it's become very cumbersome and tries to do too much.

mrsmopp Wed 12-Jun-13 16:27:42

I loved Picassa and used it for years. But now they have modernised it I am having problems too. It used to be so straightforward and easy to use.
I find a lot of photos are duplicated, don't know how that happened. Also I wanted to move some photos to a memory stick & couldn't do it for some reason. I don't want to lose any of my precious pics so need to sort it out before I uninstall Picassa.
Will have a look at photobucket too but I'm sure there are other good sites for photos.

Ariadne Tue 30-Apr-13 19:28:34

I am fed up with Picasa too! So will have a look at Photobucket. Thanks, both of you!

tanith Tue 30-Apr-13 19:20:40

I use photobucket specki.

specki4eyes Tue 30-Apr-13 19:13:05

Why, when something works, do they have to tweak it until it doesn't? I used Picasa for about 3 years to send photos to friends and family. At first it was great, easy to use and useful. Then they had to start messing about with it until it became the subject of online help forums! This morning I was trying to print off some documents and without so much as a by your leave, they morphed into Picasa photo documents which then took ages to print. I messed around trying to solve it for an hour, then got on the online forum for another half hour and finally had to uninstall Picassa or not print my documents. Nearly two hours wasted on a job which should have taken 60 seconds. Grrr!! Its the same with Word. When I learned to use a computer 15/20 years ago, Word was easy and perfect - now I could go bonkers trying to stop it second guess what I want to do!! Grr Grr!!!

So, anyone know how to send photos seamlessly?