Gransnet forums

Technology

Too big!

(4 Posts)
feetlebaum Sun 23-Jun-13 10:36:04

Some browsers provide a zoom faculty using the '+' and '-' keys on the numeric key-pad, which can take one by surprise... (others require the Ctrl key to be combined with the + or -)

Marelli Sat 22-Jun-13 17:48:07

dahlia, mine does that as well. My finger must slip onto it and it suddenly expands. It's easy to change back - you'll know the next time. smile

dahlia Sat 22-Jun-13 17:40:30

After sending my request for help, I just played around with the toolbar and came across a button which altered the "zoom". It was set to 195%, so no wonder the screen was so huge.
I have altered the size on the bar to 100% and all is returned to normal, thank goodness.
Thanks for listening!
wine

dahlia Sat 22-Jun-13 17:35:27

Can anyone suggest why the screen on my laptop has suddenly become too big when I use the internet? I am with BT, and don't know if they have made changes recently, but the font size is so big I can read it without glasses, and the page size is off the screen, so playing games on Sporcle is impossible. Any ideas, please? I have tried altering the font (no change) and it's fine when I am just working off-line. I may have to contact BT, but don't want to - they keep you waiting so long!
Thanks for your interest, and for any help you may give me.