Gransnet forums

Technology

PC World LiveDrive

(8 Posts)
sunseeker Thu 08-Aug-13 10:14:57

Last year I bought a lap top from PC World which included a year's subscription to their LiveDrive (not sure exactly what it is and have never used it). Now the year is up and I keep getting a message flash up on my screen saying my subscription for this year is due. I don't want to continue with this but I am unsure if I uninstall it whether it will affect how my lap top runs. I have tried contacting PC World but can't get a reply from their phone line and they don't reply to email (accept to acknowledge they have received it). So do any of the more technical members of GN know if I can uninstall LiveDrive safely?

Anne58 Thu 08-Aug-13 10:18:58

Not a clue, but I suggest you post a comment either on their Facebook page or on Twitter saying how unhappy you are with their failure to get back to you.

I'll bet you get a response that way!

sunseeker Thu 08-Aug-13 10:58:36

I'm not on facebook or twitter! I've tried ringing them again this morning - either there is no-one answering the phone or they have so many calls they are all busy! I may have to call into their shop which is out of my way.

Elegran Thu 08-Aug-13 11:05:08

sunseeker I googled Live Drive and found their website. https://www.livedrive.com/About

There are contact details - ask them direct how to remove it.

Elegran Thu 08-Aug-13 11:05:44

Sorry, forgot to blue it.

sunseeker I googled Live Drive and found their website. https://www.livedrive.com/About

There are contact details - ask them direct how to remove it.

Elegran Thu 08-Aug-13 11:06:45

I am pretty sure it will not affect your laptop to remove it, so long as you uninstall it completely. There will be an uninstall option somewhere.

whenim64 Thu 08-Aug-13 11:18:09

I found this on a LiveDrive forum. Seems you can uninstall but you will still be charged for renewal if you don't get it cancelled

To cancel the knowhow livedrive subscription you need to ring this number 0800 012 1909
Tried the email with cancel in the subject line and nada, zilch, nothing back from them at all.

Anne58 Thu 08-Aug-13 16:55:05

Typical, I bet if they received an email from someone saying that they were interested in signing up they would respond pretty sharpish!

Now there's a thought.................