Gransnet forums

Technology

Won't open.

(7 Posts)
Kiora Mon 13-Jan-14 14:58:02

Hi can any one tell me why I can't open my e-mail on my iPad. I can surf the web ( I think that's what it's called) send emails. If you know I'd be really grateful if you could advise how to resolve the problem.

Kiora Tue 14-Jan-14 07:44:49

Oh dear I think I may have to go to an apple shop. The problem is my nearest is bluewater . I hate shopping centres any other ideas gratefully received.

LizG Tue 14-Jan-14 08:07:12

Can't be very helpful I am afraid but have a look under 'settings' to see if something has been switched 'off' which shouldn't have been. Good luck.

J52 Tue 14-Jan-14 08:20:26

Try asking on Google. Sometimes others have had the same problem and have posted a solution. It worked for me a couple of times. X

Brendawymms Tue 14-Jan-14 09:07:06

Has the mail been working but stopped?
Try totally shutting iPad down by holding bottom button until red slider comes at top of screen and slide it.
If iPad 4 or new one press home button once until all open apps come up and slide the unwanted apps to top of screen, including mail one. This shuts the app.
If that doesn't work the try "reset all settings" it's in settings, general rest. This does not erase anything.
If all else fails. Then try setting, mail and delete email account and reinstall it but only if you can remember passwords etc!

Kiora Tue 14-Jan-14 16:28:18

Thanks everyone but mostly Brenda it worked turn it off completely then on again hey presto! The thing i'v been given this advice before and it worked. Why can't I remember. It's a shame I can't reboot my brain with a switch. Thanks again

Brendawymms Tue 14-Jan-14 16:36:38

You should do such housekeeping on the IPAD every so often as it stops glitches happening.