Gransnet forums

Technology

Gmail problem Help needed

(6 Posts)
alternativegran Wed 29-Jan-14 11:32:57

For some reason my gmail messages are bypassing my in box. I have found them in 'All mail' but have no idea how to get both them and new emails back to the in box.

I have trawled through the google help suggestions But am non the wiser, does anyone know what to do.

Brendawymms Wed 29-Jan-14 11:49:17

I had that problem about 18 months ago and nothing I tried cured it but all my messages went straight to Spam. I even went into some of the strange and weird problems to try and cure with no success. Hackers can divert your emails but it wasn't even that. I therefore got a new email account with Apple and informed all and sundry.
Then Christmas just passed the few emails still going that way suddenly again appeared in the Inbox.
Sorry I have no answer to your problem but just to let you know you aren't alone.

Charleygirl Wed 29-Jan-14 11:53:42

I had a similar problem with Gmail so I have given it a miss for months. Sorry, I do not have a solution to the problem either.

gangy5 Wed 29-Jan-14 16:07:50

www.pcworld.com/article/258393/email_suddenly_not_arriving_in_gmail_heres_one_possible_cause.html

This link may help. I always put my problems into google - eg. gmail bypassing inbox and going to allmail.
There are always people with some answers!!

Brendawymms Wed 29-Jan-14 19:16:02

I did check gmail filters at the time and mine were fine. No changes, or new ones, nothing. It just took a holiday of about 18 months and then started working ok. I blame the spy networks. grin

alternativegran Wed 29-Jan-14 23:15:56

Thank you so much everyone, I always feel very stupid when things like this happen, it's a comfort to know that it isn't just me. At least I managed to find the missing messages but that was just luck.

I will print out your PC world article tomorrow gangy5 and go through it. I have had enough for one day, the washing machine packed up and then decided to have a little flood. Kind son in law came over to help but what a mess! Time for something alcoholic and then bed.