Gransnet forums

Technology

GOOGLE CHROME

(4 Posts)
MrsJamJam Fri 31-Jan-14 17:53:33

I've got an android tablet and have always missed the favourites option I had on my old laptop. Reading this thread prompted me to try the funny little star next to the search icon. Magic! Just shows the advantages of reading random threads on gransnet on a wet afternoon.

Mishap Fri 31-Jan-14 17:45:28

And you can create folders to put the web addresses in.

There has been a problem with Chrome and BBC iPlayer recently as you cannot "Listen Live" at present. I think they are trying to solve the problem.

You need a different browser to listen to this at present.

merlotgran Fri 31-Jan-14 17:31:20

I had to do the same, Howjado. You click on the star at the right hand corner of your screen, the site you are on appears in a box and you click on 'done'. When you want to access them you click on 'Other Bookmarks' and the ones you have saved are on a drop down list.

Howjado Fri 31-Jan-14 16:24:30

For technical reasons, I have had to download Google Chrome to access the internet. My new "favourites" box is empty of course. How do I add a web site to favourites in Google Chrome? Can anybody tell me please? Luckily, I can still see the favourites I had in my Internet Explorer list so I know what sites I need to transfer across.