Gransnet forums

Technology

I'm levitating, and don't want to….

(3 Posts)
Lona Wed 02-Jul-14 22:34:34

On my laptop I just put the cursor on the photo, right click and the menu appears with rotate as an option.

Mishap Wed 02-Jul-14 22:14:26

Most computers have some built-in photo programme in which you can find a facility for rotating a photo. Your photo will probably open in it automatically. There is likely to be an icon at the bottom of the screen that looks like a circular arrow and you click on that.

If you cannot find one, download Paint.net at any of several sites (e.g. downloadser.com/paint-net/) - it's free - and it does everything that Photoshop does. Go to "File" then "Open" and select your photo; then go up to the top bar and click "Image" and a drop-down box will appear and one of the options is "Rotate photo." You then have to choose in which direction to rotate.

We don't allow levitating on here!!

boheminan Wed 02-Jul-14 21:58:04

I've spent ages trying to put a new photo on here, BUT for some reason it's sideways on and I can't work out how to have myself standing rather than levitating - please can some GN'r who understands how computers work, explain to me how I can go about changing the photo from sideways to upright?