Gransnet forums

Technology

I wish I could ring my kindle...

(10 Posts)
Soutra Wed 10-Sep-14 22:35:25

Glasses!
I was 20 minutes late for coffee with a friend yesterday morning because I couldn't fimd my glasses. They have heavy frames unlike their flexible predecessors ( which were like trying to find a daddy long legs in a fog) but eventually I had to put on an old pair so I could look for the current pair!

Agus Wed 10-Sep-14 20:55:45

I'll be getting one of those tags to attach to DH whenever he comes with me to the supermarket grin

Starling Wed 10-Sep-14 20:20:35

Thank-you Shysal (prepares to tag cats, relatives, phone charger, glasses)

jinglbellsfrocks Wed 10-Sep-14 20:08:05

OMG! I've left mine in the garden! Thanks for reminding me. shock

shysal Wed 10-Sep-14 19:54:34

Starling, they sell silicone waterproof cases for tags which fit on a collar (also watch-like straps to attach to children!).

Starling Wed 10-Sep-14 19:45:17

Shysal those loc8tors look like fun - how do you attach tag to cat?

shysal Wed 10-Sep-14 14:20:39

I have one of these to keep track of my cats. www.loc8tor.com/uk/everyday/?utm_source=globalhome&utm_medium=hero&utm_campaign=everyday
Tags could easily be attached to any object. Of course you would have to locate the handset before searching for anything! My motto is 'a place for everything, everything in it's place', so I don't tend to lose anything inanimate.

Anniebach Wed 10-Sep-14 13:58:56

So with you in this Aka, think I spend as much time searching for them as using them

Charleygirl Wed 10-Sep-14 11:01:17

I could not agree more Aka- my Kindle I think has gone on holiday, leaving the country. I have no idea where it is.

Aka Wed 10-Sep-14 10:03:49

.....or my iPad.

If I lose my mobile, which I do often, I can ring it from my landline and track it down easily enough. Last time the dog was lying on it. If I lose my car keys I can shout and they whistle back to me.

But I've been searching for 20 minutes before I found my Kindle this morning.

It's no use activatimg the 'locate my device' option as all it tells me is it's either in my house (or in the neighbours house!) . Same for my iPad.

Surely it ought to be possible for these computer geeks chappies to devise some sort of ' here I am' signal?