Gransnet forums

Technology

What time is Gransnet time for you?

(23 Posts)
Nanabelle Thu 16-Oct-14 23:34:36

gringrin

Crafting Thu 16-Oct-14 19:00:12

Depends on whether or not I have an early start at work. If early then not until late afternoon but if I have a late start then first thing with my breakfast ( and again later) ( and again later still if I'm still awake !)

Nanabelle Thu 16-Oct-14 14:59:48

My, some of you get up so early! I am looking after gd today and it is nap time so just having a quick check in. So glad I am not the only slightly addicted one. I confess I used to nose about on mumsnet but given that up once I met you lot. Much more fun on here. Henetha I think I should follow you and do chores first, if I move to morning check in, then I wouldn't feel so guilty. Guess that's the reason I usually check in late at night - it's my "me time" when the house is all quiet.

rosesarered Thu 16-Oct-14 13:29:37

Just lately, I have found this site to be slow, so have experimented with different times to see which is best.It's the best now! So, if I happen to be at home around lunchtime, this will be the time I come on here.

pompa Thu 16-Oct-14 11:02:22

ATM, anything from 2am until 9pm, it's a lifeline atm.

ffinnochio Thu 16-Oct-14 10:12:47

In between times.

Marmight Thu 16-Oct-14 10:09:35

On and off until bed time. I do occasionally get a bit fed up with it when some of the discussions are going on and on and getting nowhere, or worse still becoming uncomfortable, so give it a miss for a few days but always slink back with my tail between my legs as, basically, I am a very nosy inquisitive person and need to know what is going on grin

henetha Thu 16-Oct-14 10:01:29

Mostly morning, about this time. Chores done, second cup of tea in hand.
Sometimes pop my head in again later too... depends what I'm doing.

merlotgran Thu 16-Oct-14 09:52:23

Now......But not for long. Duty calls!!

Lona Thu 16-Oct-14 09:44:02

I start with my first cuppa and continue on and off all day long!
Emails,Fb and the paper online, and if nothing much is happening, then I play cards.
Cards help if things are really stressful (with family) which is a lot of the time.
But.........GN is my addiction!

Ariadne Thu 16-Oct-14 09:05:37

Now, when I've finished the crossword but not my coffee. Emails, then FB, then GN. Then on and off during the day if I have time. I have a bit of a cold at the moment, so am sitting down more than usual, so have been on GN a lot. Yes, suppose I am a bit of an addict...

ninathenana Thu 16-Oct-14 09:02:43

After preparing breckie it's the first thing I do in the morning. I don't check when I'm out and about (use my phone) but anytime I sit down during the day. Then when I go to bed I check in on my Kindle.

Grannyknot Thu 16-Oct-14 08:55:33

jane You're funny!!! grin Gransnetters Anonymous (the ones that don't have blue names).

hildajenniJ Thu 16-Oct-14 08:55:09

I check in as soon as possible after getting home from my morning job. Very often I bring my brew and breakfast with me. I then get on with some housework and check back later in the afternoon or early evening.

Having to be up at 03.00 to go to work (I'm part of the Clean Team in my local Waitrose) I go to bed between 7.30 and 8.00.

Cleaning Waitrose is much better than being a Dementia Nurse. (I retired from Nursing in June after 37 years) phew!!

Iam64 Thu 16-Oct-14 08:50:08

First thing in the morning, then around tea time. Love it.

Agus Thu 16-Oct-14 08:46:45

Usually first thing for me too with a wake up coffee and before I know it, an hour has passed. smile

Also look in during the day when I have time.

kittylester Thu 16-Oct-14 06:43:44

Me too Baubles smile

And lots of other times during the day! I often check in if I am waiting to pick DS up from an appointment!

baubles Thu 16-Oct-14 06:08:56

I look in most mornings before I get up, usually with cup of tea to hand.

Anya Thu 16-Oct-14 06:02:30

Tends to be when I sit down with a cup of tea. Sometimes I just read posts, occasionally I feel able to comment. Often I write a reply to a post then move on without posting it, usually because I think I've added nothing to the discussion or I sound like a boring old lady and wonder 'who'd be I interested in that?'

absent Thu 16-Oct-14 05:36:06

Depends on the time of year. I like to look at Gransnet and some other sites with my morning tea at about 6am and with a glass of wine at about 6pm. During October, this coincides with 6pm and 6am respectively in the UK. In my morning visit I can catch up with what UK Gransnetters have been discussing during the previous (for me) day while I have been asleep and in my winter/your summer (11-hour time difference) and during October (12-hour time difference) I catch the early risers. However, UK clocks will go back at the end of this month and that will put a 13-hour time difference in place. I doubt if there are going to be many Gransnetters up and posting at 5am during the dark autumn and winter mornings. I shall have to adjust my schedule.

Icyalittle Thu 16-Oct-14 00:48:31

Pretty much any time: whenever I happen to pick up my iPad really. Whatever else I've gone on to do, I always have to have a quick (hah!) check on GN as well.

janeainsworth Thu 16-Oct-14 00:36:57

My name is Jane and I am an addict.
I look at GN first thing in the morning and have a look as often as possible during the day.
I don't set a limit.
How long I spend depends on how interesting the threads are, whether I get caught up in any arguments discussions, whether anyone posts any links that I can't resist following up, and what else I'm supposed to be doing at the time.
Like cooking dinner, which is what I should be doing right now. (I'm in the US at the moment).
sad

Nanabelle Thu 16-Oct-14 00:03:03

I usually check in after the evening news so after 10.30 and the next time I check my watch it might be midnight! Mind you , as an Archers Addict this timing includes checking out the Archers Discussion forum too.
Do you set a time limit on your browsing? I am thinking I should change over to a half hour with my morning cup of tea and Gransnet. But then would it end up at mid morning coffee time? grin