Gransnet forums

Technology

A date to remember

(19 Posts)
ninathenana Mon 15-Dec-14 22:51:00

DH has had a mobile for about 4 yrs. Today he managed to send his first ever text tchshock tchgrin

loopylou Tue 16-Dec-14 07:43:35

Bless him! My DH struggling with computer skills of any form, just about cracked sending emails after 18 months of not-so-patient repeated 'tuition' from me......... Might be able to manage the internet in another year (or not). Sends texts and emails in CAPITALS despite being told it's like shouting at someone (oddly enough he writes letters in capitals too)......

kittylester Tue 16-Dec-14 08:00:31

That will open the flood gates nina

My friend sends texts in capitals but won't let me change it for her 'in case I mess it up'. She's going to ask one of her sins!

Marmight Tue 16-Dec-14 08:28:03

SINS !! tchshock

jinglbellsfrocks Tue 16-Dec-14 08:59:30

tchgrin (re the "sins"!)

jinglbellsfrocks Tue 16-Dec-14 09:00:38

My DH won't even try. tchhmm

annodomini Tue 16-Dec-14 09:21:02

Never mind your SINS! My grandSINS are pretty adept with the phones.

glammanana Tue 16-Dec-14 09:25:28

DH has had 6p credit on his phone for a couple of years now,he keeps getting messages as to when he wants to add credit but insists he is not that important for people to want to phone him, I daren't ask him if he can text that would be a foreign language to him.tchgrin

tiggypiro Tue 16-Dec-14 09:28:05

If I told you all that I have owned a mobile for 7 1/2 years and have only used £24 on pay as you go does that tell you anything about my abilities ? I think it would take me ages to send a text although I could if I really wanted to ! The one time I do find it useful is when I am being met at the airport - my friend can lurk nearby until I call her and therefore avoid the horrendous parking charge.

merlotgran Tue 16-Dec-14 09:41:12

If DH gets a text he hands it to me and says, 'Read that, will you?' tchangry

kittylester Tue 16-Dec-14 09:44:31

Oops - sons - and they were born in wedlock tchgrin

ninathenana Tue 16-Dec-14 13:22:27

That's the daft thing merlot he's always been able to read them. BTW it was actually one word 'ok' in reply to one from me tchgrin

loopylou Tue 16-Dec-14 14:14:50

At least you get a response ninathenana, DH doesn't reply 'so I don't wear it out!'............. Fat chance me thinks

KatyK Tue 16-Dec-14 20:49:25

I had a very sweet text from a friend who had recently had a new phone. It read something like 'Hello darling, I hope you are having a nice day. I have been into town and had tuna salad for lunch. I love you.' tchconfused Next time I saw her she asked me if I had got a puzzling text from her and she said she had meant to send it to her DH but had inadvertently sent it to everyone on her contacts list tchgrin Yes they are very lovey-dovey.

Katek Tue 16-Dec-14 22:44:30

Love my phone, love everything with an 'I' in front of it! Get all my email to phone, save appts, FB, news, weather, online shopping etc, etc. I'm a bit of a geek with my technology, would find life so much more difficult without it.

ninathenana Wed 17-Dec-14 00:30:34

Me too KateK I do 99% of my posting here from my phone. However, I am currently laying in bed using my Kindle.

Katek Wed 17-Dec-14 08:53:43

Snap Nina! My iPhone has got a lovely festive cover in red with a big sparkly snowflake and goes everywhere. I forgot it the other day and was quite lost without it!

LynC Wed 17-Dec-14 11:30:14

I would like to use my kindle IPad or phone in bed BUT since we had BT upgraded to BT vision they moved the router to our lounge and our bedroom is at the opposite end of our bungalow. Now that's what I call technology moving forward!

ninathenana Wed 17-Dec-14 11:35:17

That's a bummer LynC I'm luck my router is in the room below my bedroom. Can you not get a booster ? I'm not much of a techy but I'm sure I've read about them.