Gransnet forums

Technology

Bits dissapearing from Google home page.... HELP !!

(9 Posts)
tiggypiro Sat 31-Jan-15 21:47:09

My screen turned through 90' once and that was down to Purdy Puss too. On that occasion I managed to fix it myself but have no idea how ! I take my hat off to you Pittcity knowing how to do it and REMEMBERING how !!!!

Pittcity Sat 31-Jan-15 19:49:13

Glad to have been helpful. I have been there, done that ....once the screen turned upside down confused

tiggypiro Sat 31-Jan-15 18:05:30

Many thanks Pittcity - It WORKED !!!
I think I can blame Purdy Puss for walking over the keyboard !
Normal service has been resumed.

loopylou Sat 31-Jan-15 15:35:06

Thanks Pittcity, will take a look smile

Pittcity Sat 31-Jan-15 15:05:53

Google is usually a saviour in cases like these. Just type what you have done into the search box. Someone else has always done it too and the answer is usually there.

Pittcity Sat 31-Jan-15 15:03:24

loopylou can you not just drag and drop it back?

loopylou Sat 31-Jan-15 12:40:35

Can't help I'm afraid....DH has somehow moved the toolbar from the bottom of the screen to the top....he's got no idea how he did it and I can't work out how to move it back!
At least I didn't get blamed, I wasn't here! confused

Pittcity Sat 31-Jan-15 08:22:22

This usually happens when you press a key by mistake. Try pressing the 'alt' key or go along the f Keys at the top. It is usually f11.
Which keys exactly to press depends on your computer, operating system, browser and what was pressed to cause the error.

tiggypiro Fri 30-Jan-15 21:26:01

I use Google as my home page and can usually go to my favourites and just click on and there it is. This evening however the top line has disappeared and with it the favourites button and the back/forward button etc. Also the bottom line has disappeared and the only way I can switch the computer off or indeed to change web pages I have to switch the computer off by using the big button which I normally use to switch it on when I start it up in the morning. To change a web page I have to switch off and then start up again and go through Google search.

As you have probably twigged by now I am very much a technophobe so if anyone can help with my problem please tell me in words I might understand. I hope you will also understand the words I use !!