Gransnet forums

Technology

New BT Yahoo email page.

(11 Posts)
shysal Tue 21-Apr-15 08:20:28

This morning the new format has appeared on my email screen. There is a bl***y changing advert at the top of my inbox list, which cannot be deleted. I have gone to the opt-out section, but it won't accept or save my choice. It says I have to accept cookies before I can opt out, which I do. Am I stuck with it, or has anyone found a way to opt out successfully?

GrannyTwice Tue 21-Apr-15 08:36:17

It is driving me mad - I'm also finding other glitches like where is the tick box for deleting?

janerowena Tue 21-Apr-15 16:07:01

Come out of it, type in mail.yahoo.com in your address search and see if that brings you back to your old page. If it does, save it. I had this a couple of weeks ago, it tries it on every few weeks or so.

shysal Tue 21-Apr-15 16:43:29

Thanks janerowena, I tried that but it brings up the new format! I am getting used to the adverts, so no doubt will learn to ignore them. Unfortunately they appear at the top of the list on inbox, sent box, spam and trash! angry

tanith Tue 21-Apr-15 16:56:21

I agree its VERY BLOODY ANNOYING!!!!

tanith Tue 21-Apr-15 16:57:51

I have the tick boxes for deleting GrannyTwice...where they usually are.

janerowena Tue 21-Apr-15 18:21:10

So try using 'in private'. You get far fewer adverts then. I don't know what system you use, you may have a different setup from mine, so you may have to google it.

janerowena Tue 21-Apr-15 18:23:52

I get moving adverts to the right of my page, not at the top. If I look along the line between my emails and the advert, I can see an incredibly faint (almost as if they were hiding it grin arrow. When I click on it, it hides the adverts - but only while I am on that page. I have to use it every time. You may well have one at the top of your page.

pompa Thu 23-Apr-15 10:13:00

Just got the new Btmail pages. No problems, not much different from the old one, just a few extra bits.

tanith Thu 23-Apr-15 10:52:36

I'm finding the blue on blue a bit hard to read, I suppose I need to fiddle with the 'themes' to see if I can change colours..

janerowena Thu 23-Apr-15 11:09:24

I have it too, but don't use it. I prefer my old page, that was customised years ago in colours to suit me, and made very much my own page. Every time they tried to update it, I found a way around it. It still works, despite all their warnings, and I don't get any adverts I can't hide - which was one of the reasons for resisting change. I've had that page for so long that it feels as if I am being forced to move against my will.

This is clearly a sign of aging - resistance to change. grin No, it's my own personal fight against being manipulated by internet companies. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. I have a nephew who earns an extortionate amount of money at Google. He has to think up ways of changing everything to earn his keep.